Hear Me Out

---Asif's POV---

I wish she knew that I didn't know who I was marrying, but now at least I know who I am getting married to and I personally couldn't wait. 

But once she told to not bring her parent's into it, I figured everything out. She didn't have to hide anything. She should have known better, I mean it was really obvious. 

I decided to go and talk to her parent's while she was at work today. This was the only time that it would work out, but first I had to get my parent's to agree. 

"Is something bothering you?" Mom asked. 

I went on and told her everything that happen. 

"Hmm," she said. 

"I think we should postpone the wedding," I said. 

"Do whatever you want," she said and left. 

I know she didn't mean it, but she said it so now I will do exactly what I want. 

I got ready and left to her house. I took a few deep breaths before getting ready to get out of the car and deal with everything. 

"Hi. Kanika isn't home right now," her dad said. 

"I know. I came to talk to you and her mother," I said. 

"Oh. Well then, come on in," he said. 

Alright, here we go. God, I hope that they are able to hear me out. 

"So basically, I came to ask for a postponement for the wedding,"I said. 

They both look at me surprised. 

"It's just we both feel that we are not ready for this wedding. We still need some time to get to know each other. We are basically two strangers, that occasionally meet up," I said. 

"Did our daughter put you up to this?" Her dad asked in anger. 

"No! Not at all," I said. "I am also a part of this wedding and I need to get to know her before I choose to spend the rest of my life with her." 

"You will get to know each other after the wedding," he said. 

No wonder she told not to tell her parent's. They weren't even listening to me and I was not going to sit here and argue with them. I tried the best I could. 

The rest is up to God.