Distance

---Kanika's POV---

I had landed yesterday and texted him right away that I was there. After I got his reply, I turned my phone off and kept it off.

Today was the day of the baby shower and my friend wanted everyone close to her to where blue.

I didn't have a blue outfit, so I had to go by one last minute yesterday.

I was really happy with it though

I was really happy with it though. Unlike, my reception outfit. You can tell this one made me happier in general.

I got ready and went to the living room where everyone else was. I loved how we decorated it in just one day.

---Asif's POV---

---Asif's POV---

"The number you have called is currently unavailable," the operator said again.

Did she go to a baby shower or out of the country that it's not unavailable?

I tried for the 10th time and got the same message. This is ridiculous! I want to talk to her and make sure she's okay now, because this is really starting to scare me.

---Kanika's POV---

We had the DJ going and everyone dancing. I probably danced more here than anywhere in my life.

After a while, I decided to get some rest but I was going to go back.

I turned on my phone and saw 10 missed calls from Asif. What the hell happen?

I took my phone and went somewhere, I'd at least be able to hear him and called him.

"Finally! What the hell happen to you? Do you have any idea how worried I was?" He asked.

"I was busy. My phone was off because I didn't really need it," I said.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you, I was just really worried. Are you okay? Are you enjoying yourself?" He asked.

"Yes and I'm really enjoying myself," I said.

"That's good. Well, I unfortunately have to go now. My lunch is over," he said.

"You didn't spend your lunch calling me, did you?" I asked.

I didn't want him to have missed out on his lunch, just because I kept my phone off.

"It's okay. I was really worried, so I wouldn't have been able to eat anyways. I'll eat in my office, now that I know you are okay," he said.

God, this guy was definitely something. I felt lucky having him, but when I'm at his house things didn't feel like that.

"Okay. Even i have to go back," I said. "Bye."

"Bye," he said and we hung up.

I decided to keep my phone with phone with me this time and went back and joined everyone else.

"Where'd you go?" My friend asked.

"Just had to make a phone call," I said.

"To who?" She asked.

I didn't answer that part.

"I'm going to have to tell your husband that your calling other people while away from him," she teased.

I laughed at that.

"Tell him, because he's the one I called," I said.

I can't believe how naturally I said that.

"So it's true. Distance makes the heart grow fonder," she teased.

"Shut up," I said.

She laughed at that.

"I'm going to join the others," I said and left before she could say anything else.