Ready or not?

---Asif's POV---

"What I mean to say is, I don't know if I am ready for this because I am getting a feeling that she is not ready. I don't mind, I mean have you seen her! I am ready," I said. 

"That is good to hear," she said. 

I didn't understand why she cared anyways. She sounded as if she was concerned, but I know her and I know she isn't one to worry about someone genuinely. 

After she left, I went to see if Kanika was still here and I couldn't find her so I assumed that they had left. 

Oh well, I will just talk to her some other time. Plus, I do have just about..the rest of my life, so I think it will work. 

---Kanika's POV---

I can't believe that he doesn't have a choice and on top of that, he said that he doesn't even know if he's ready for this wedding. 

We are a few months away still, so who knows what will happen by then. Hopefully, he doesn't hate that I had to become a part of his life. 

I decided to go on my phone for a bit and saw a text from him. 

At least let me know when you are leaving next time. 

How was I supposed to let you know? You were too busy questioning yourself if you are even ready for this wedding. 

About time you read my message. I thought you started ignoring me. 

 I completely forgot about the read receipts. I hate myself now.  I wanted to ask why does he even care? Why doesn't he just back out of this wedding and make it easier for the both of us? 

I turned my phone off and went to take a nap. 

He's never going to be ready for this wedding and I know I am not ready. I never wanted to get married anyways. I'll be sure to let him know now, that even I didn't want this wedding.