He's Different

---Kanika's POV---

I couldn't stop replaying his words in my head, he really wants to know if I want this wedding.

I want to tell him the truth, but my parents will murder me if they ever found out that I told him.

It's been a week and we haven't had any long or deep conversations, but I really appreciate that he doesn't push anything.

"Kanika!" I heard dad yell.

"Coming," I said and went outside of my room.

I was surprised to see Asif standing with my dad.

"Hey," he said.

"I will leave you two alone," Dad said and left.

"Hi," I said. "How are you?"

"I'm good and you?" He asked.

"I'm well," I replied.

"So uuummm, what brings you here?" I asked.

"We're having a party for my parent's anniversary, so I was dropping off the invites. Your dad called you down, I told him it's fine and you are probably busy," he said.

Did he not want to see me? Oh my God, he hates me deep down, doesn't he? Oh God.

"Oh," I said.

"So, I'll see you there," he said but it sounded like a question.

I nodded.

----Asif's POV---

"I can understand if she's busy," I said to my future father-in-law.

"She's not that busy. She will come," he said and called Kanika down.

She came and I don't know what's going on with me, but she looked beautiful. Even while she was still in her PJs.

We spoke for a bit and I had to leave to distribute the rest of the inventions.

I couldn't wait to show everyone my future bride at the party. Mostly those who didn't attend the engagement party.

She was absolutely beautiful.

I got to another relatives house, but before I could get out my phone rang and she was calling.

"Hello," I said.

"Hi. Uuummm, the card says it's two weeks from now. Uuummm, I was actually going..uuummm...going to a friend's wedding," she said.

"Are you asking or telling me?" I asked.

"Uummm," she said.

"Kanika, you don't need permission for anything. If you can't make it, then you can't make it. Go to your friend's wedding," I said.

"Thank you so much," she said.

"You don't need to thank me. I appreciate you letting me know," I said.

"I have to go. I really appreciate it," she said. "Bye."

"Bye," I said.

She hung up and my little cousin saw my car and ran out.

"Hello princess," I said.

"He," she said in replace of hi.

Just like that I got busy with my family.