Reception

---Kanika's POV---

This is got to be a dream. There is no way on Earth this can be real. This isn't happening right now.

"You aren't ready yet?" Asif questioned.

"I'm not going," I said.

He looked at me surprised and then confused.

"Am I supposed to be taking someone else to our wedding reception?" He asked.

"Do you see this?" I asked pointing to the closet.

He walked over and looked at me.

"Please explain this to me, because I see it but I don't understand it," he said.

"WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO WEAR?!'' I asked him.

There was no fancy clothes, literally clothes that I should wear at home.

"Where's your reception outfit?" He asked going through everything.

"I put it here," he said. "What the hell?"

I sighed.

"Just leave it," I said.

"Ya, and I'll show up to the reception alone. Sounds like a plan," he said sarcastically.

So not in the mood for sarcasm right now.

"I'll just wear this," I said picking a yellow suit.

He was all dressed up in a three piece suit and a die.

"Okay. I'm really sorry about it. I promise you that I put it here," he said.

"It's okay," I said and he left so I can change.

I walked out and he had changed into something simple and yellow as well. He had no idea how much that meant to me.

"Now we have to go," he said and we left.

We arrived at the hall it was decorated with yellow decorations.

Once we made our entrance and did the usual stuff, we kind of separated

Once we made our entrance and did the usual stuff, we kind of separated. This was mostly due to people separating us.

Thankfully, the wedding was simple so people thought that we decided to keep the reception simple as well. That made me feel a better, but it didn't last long because I heard people complaining and one of them was my mother-in-law.

That's what I needed. Someone to ruin my already horrible day.

"Hey, you should be dancing. Go now," someone said and before I could stop them I was on the dancefloor.

I got off of it eventually and went to sit outside.

Ya, so fun! I'm such a happy bride right now, I thought to myself sarcastically.

What happen to my wedding reception outfit anyways? I remembered right now that Asif had mentioned and sent me a picture of how he had put it.

"Good, you should be sitting outside. It's embarrassing to have you inside with that on," my mother-in-law said.

"I don't know what happen to my wedding reception outfit," I said.

"Sure sure. Now stay here," she said.

A few seconds later Asif came outside.

"Hey, what are you both doing outside?" He asked.

"Just bonding," his mother said.

Liar!

"You have so much time for that," he said.

Ugh! Don't remind me!

He turned towards me.

"Please come inside. I'm dying alone in there and I'd appreciate it if we got through our reception together," he said.

I just nodded and we left.