Fake People

---Kanika's POV--

I woke up early so I can make breakfast and try to be a good daughter-in-law.

I wore a simple outfit and went downstairs to prepare breakfast. I made a simple breakfast for everyone.

 I made a simple breakfast for everyone

"Your up early," Asif said.

"I made breakfast for everyone," I said.

He looked over at it and smiled.

"Looks really good," he said. "Do you think they'll kill me if I ate without them?"

"What? I don't know," I said.

"Oh well. I'm going to eat, because this looks really good and I don't want it to get cold," he said and sat down.

I smiled because at least someone appreciated my effort.

"Damn, this taste amazing!" He said.

"Thank you," I said.

"Did you eat?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Well then, come here and have some," he said.

I didn't want to say no to him, since he was complementing my food.

He tore off a piece and fed me. I have to say, I can cook because it was really good.

After he was done, he placed his dishes in the sink since I told him I'd wash them.

"Are you going to work today?" I asked.

"Yes. I couldn't get it off and I tried," he said.

"It's okay," I said.

"What about you?" He asked.

"I'm still off for the next two days and then I'll go back," I said.

"Oh okay. Well, I have to get ready and get going. Breakfast was amazing all thanks to you," he said.

He left to get ready and I smiled again at what he had said. He had left while I was busy doing the dishes and my mother-in-law had come downstairs.

"I made breakfast for everyone," I said.

She looked at it.

"Your gonna serve us cold food?" She asked.

"No no. I'll warm it up," I said.

I went to get the food and warmed it up.

"All done," I said.

"We don't eat this stuff. You should learn about us before you came into the family. My son hates this as well, because of the butter and oil," she said.

"But he ate it before going to work," I said.

"He probably faked it," she said and left.

His reaction didn't look fake. I thought he actually enjoyed it. My mother-in-law called in the maid to cook for them.

"You can eat what you made," she said.

I was speechless at that. I woke up early to cook for them and this is what she does.

I took some of my food and went upstairs. I busied myself in work and then took a nap. I was still tired from the wedding and reception.

I didn't even realize I slept so much until I heard a few voices downstairs.

Crap!

I got up and fixed myself. I walked out of the restroom of the master bedroom we had as Asif walked in.

"Hey, how was work?" I asked.

"Usual," he said.

He sounded like he didn't want to talk to me.

"I'll get you something to drink," I said.

"Don't worry about it. The maid is brining it up," he said.

"Oh okay," I said.

I wonder what got into him. He was mad at something. Did I do something wrong?

"Kanika," he said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ya?" I asked.

"I asked you a question," he said.

"What was it?" I asked.

He didn't get a chance to say it again because the maid just walked in. No knocking or anything.

"Thanks," Asif said as his mom walked in.

"Can you please knock next time?" I asked the maid.

They all looked at me like I asked to do something huge.

She nodded and left.

"What was that?" He asked me.

"What? I just asked her to knock, " I said.

"I'll be back," he said and left.

"Wow, look at you making the rules for people who have been here longer than you," his mother said.

"Excuse me. She can't barge into my husband's and my room," I said.

"Oh please. She was still a better match for your husband than you will ever be," she said.

"Then you should have gotten him married to her. At least then people can say, look they got him married to the maid," I said getting mad.

How dare she compare me to the maid?

"At least she knows my son's likes and dislikes unlike you," she said.

Asif walked in.

"What's going with you two?" He asked.

"Nothing, just asking her why she said that," his mother said.

He nodded and she left. F*cken fake a*s b*tch.

I hate fake people.

"Kanika, what I was asking you earlier was.." he said.

"Leave it. I don't want to talk to you or anyone right now," I said and went into the restroom.