Back to work

--Kanika's POV---

I woke up to find my husband's arm around me. I removed it, careful not to wake him up and went to get ready for the day and make breakfast.

I looked at the time and tried to make sure I got everything ready.

My mother-in-law came downstairs, as I put the third plate on the table.

"I'm not eating what you make," she said.

That's okay with me.

"I know you told my son not to eat anything, while you were gone," she said.

"I didn't tell him that. I just told him, that I didn't make lunch. I heard you telling the maid to tell him, I made it. Therefore, I defended myself," I said.

She heard him coming downstairs and I was pissed him.

I had the table already set, for two people.

"Morning ladies," he said

"Morning," his mother and I said.

He sat at the table.

"Why is there only two?" He asked.

"I was just telling her that I'm not going to eat. Have to get a blood test," his mom said.

I completely lost it at that.

"Okay," he said. "Kanika, come and eat."

"I'm not hungry," I said leaving the kitchen.

I hated my life again. I wish I didn't have to live with her. I hated to admit that I may have developed some feelings for my husband, because if his mother keeps this up, I'm asking for a divorce.

I parked my car and went into my office. Everyone welcomed me back and I faked a smile.

---Asif's POV--

"Mom! What did you say to her?" I asked.

"Me? Why would I say anything to her?" She asked.

"Because, look at this table. She put in the effort to cook for us. She wakes up earlier than she needs to just so there will be food on the table for us. You can at least respect that," I said.

"Asif, are you arguing with me over your wife?" She questioned.

Oh my God! Women!

"Mom, she's my wife! I know she didn't want to marry this early and neither did I, but she's putting the effort in," I said.

"Okay, so it's wife over mother. I'll remember that," she said and left.

Oh my God. That's not what I meant.

I looked at the time and called my boss.

"Hello," he said.

"I'm going to be late....again," I said.

"What is it this time?" He asked.

I went on and told him everything that happen.

"Fine. I know how hard it is being newly married. I'll excuse this tardy," he said.

"Thank you," I said and hung up.

I packed Kanika's breakfast and drove to her work.

---Kanika's POV--

"There's someone here to see you," one of my co-workers/friends said.

"Send them in," I said.

Out of all the people that can walk in, it had to be my husband. My office was a complete mess. What's he going to think?

"Hi," I said.

"You didn't eat, so I brought your breakfast," he said.

He brought my food. Wow, his mother let me?

--Asif's POV--

"I'm not in the mood to eat," she said.

"Kanika, you have to eat and tell me what is bothering you," I said.

I really wanted to know what she had to say.

"I didn't even want this wedding!" She yelled.

Well okay then. Not what I was expecting.

"When did I say that I did?" I asked. "I didn't have a choice in the matter, but I'm dealing with. Aren't I?"

She didn't say anything.

"Just eat. I have to go to work," I said. "Can't just babysit you the whole time."

With that I left her office.