Hope

---Kanika's POV---

I had just sent a picture to my husband, but it wasn't my food. We got some news about the baby which worried us, so I didn't want to eat again.

I felt horrible lying to him, but I didn't want him to worry about me.

I got a text from him.

Text

A--that's it? 😑

K-- u asked 4 a pic

A-- of food. Not a snack🙁

K-- hey! That was food

A--👇 not food

K-- looks like food to me

A--I'm going to feed you when you come back home 😐😐😐😐😐

K-- Woo-hoo! That means I don't have 2 cook 😎😎

A-- 😐😐😑😑😔😔😒😒

K--- have to go

A-- u always have to go 😢😢😢

K-- LMFAO 😂😂😂😂😂

A-- What part of that was funny?

K-- the emojis 🙈🙈😂😂

A-- just go 😒

End text

I couldn't stop laughing at his text. I wanted to go back home and actually talk to him, but I had two other people to deal with at there.

I loved how he got worried about me. I hated that I was lying to him, but I had to send a pic, so I did.

I got a text from him about an hour and a half  later.

A-- SNACKS 😂😂😂👆👆👆👆

I literally couldn't stop laughing at him.

K-- Oh my God 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

A--- cuz I never got u flowers, u can have this snack 1😂😂

K-- ur making me laugh so much & ppl r staring at me 😂😂🙈🙈🙁🙁

A--No! Nobody stares at my wife.

He's getting possessive.

K-- ikr. Not even u😛😛😛😛

----Asif's POV---

She texted me that I made her laugh! Yes! That was my goal, because I knew she had been upset.

It went off again and it said, not even you.

Well then. I can fix this, I thought to myself. I went to our room and video called her.

"Hey," she said picking up.

"What do you mean not even me?" I asked.

She laughed so hard at that. God, she was so beautiful when she was laughing.

I missed her so much.

"Oh..oh God. Oh my God, I can't breath," she said recovering from her laughter.

"It's good your in a hospital," I said and she laughed again.

I wish she would stay that happy. I felt like I took it away from her by marrying her.

"Why do you seem upset?" She asked.

Because you married me and I haven't seen you this happy when you are around me.

"Nothing," I said. "I miss you."

Wait! Did I just say that out loud? Oh crap!

"I miss you as well," she said.

I take my oh crap back. Wait, no I don't because, she misses me as well!

"Kanika, I want you to stay happy all the time. You look really beautiful laughing and smiling," I said and she blushed.

I made her blush!! Oh my God!!!!

"Thank you," she said.

Some person came running to her and they were crying.

"WHAT?" She yelled shocked.

I wish she wasn't using headphones so I can hear.

"I have to go," she said and turned it off before I can say bye.

I hope everything is fine. I prayed for her before going to sleep. I just wanted her to be okay.

I couldn't fall asleep though. I wish she was here with me, so I knew she was okay.

My phone vibrated and I looked at the time. It was almost 12 in the morning. I really couldn't sleep.

It was a text from my wife.

If this turns to blue and I see that you have read it, before the time you wake up, I will never ever talk to you again. You need to be sleeping a few your phone needs to be off.

Oh crap! No point in turning the read receipt off now. It went off again.

Please go to sleep! You have work tomorrow. I promise you that I'm okay. Everything is okay.

I smiled at that, as I got another one.

You turned that one blue too. I'm never talking to you again. Why aren't you sleeping? 😢💔

Well, that's blue to now.

I decided to text her, half asleep. I'm probably going to type something wrong.

A- I'm sorry. I couldn't sleep, but I'm going to go now. Goodnight my beautiful wife.

I turned my phone and went to sleep.