Chapter Two

EDITED

Ding Dong.

Within a few seconds, yelling and stomping are heard as the kids? on the inside rush to open the door.

"Hi, I'm Felix!" The first boy huffs with a cute smile, pale face red, and looking like he just ran a mile.

"And I'm Alex. We should go out sometime." The other boy, Alex, rushes to say, elbowing boy one, Felix, out of the doorway.

Despite what I'd thought a moment ago, the twins - I'm going with this prediction because they look way too alike not to be - aren't little kids. They're in fact, big boys. Big boys way taller than me, and about my age, maybe a little older: give or take one year. They look alike in many ways. Both having short red hair overlooking their semi-circle like foreheads and, as I stated earlier, being tall. Freckles scatter around their little noses and some make it onto their fair cheeks. The only thing that's different about them is the way they dress. Twin one, Felix, has a casual look of plain black jeans and a white V-neck. While Alex, twin two, wears black joggers and a red V-neck.

"Ain't gonna happen," Felix scoffs to Alex, re-shoving him out of the doorway. He, Alex, repeats the action and soon the duo is in an elbowing fight. Grunts and curses included.

A good few feet in front of them, I stand still as stone, speechless. I don't know what to do, and that fact, plus one of them being new people, slowly starts to overwhelm me. A dizzy feeling squeezes its way into my head, and it gets too heavy for my neck to hold up. I try to slowly back away, but my feet won't move an inch.

Why now? I beg my body as my knees start to wobble.

I'm going to fall, and it's going to hurt a ton. The dizziness takes over as the world starts to spin in slow circles.

I'm just about to completely fall when someone's warm fingers grab onto my waist, the front of their body pressing up against the back of mine. One of their pale arms wraps itself around my waist fully - my waist is that small. The other arm comes up and gently pushes my head back so that it's now laying on the guy's sturdy chest. He tilts his head to the side, and his warm, minty breath fans across my cheeks as he softly whispers, "You have to breathe, Cutie. In," He waits patiently for me to take a breath in. "And out." I exhale slowly.

We repeat the actions a few more times before I finally calm down enough to breathe almost normally. By this time, the twins have completely stopped fighting, and are looking at us, more like gawking at me, with surprised expressions. Two other people, a pretty very light brown-skinned girl, and a cute fair-skinned boy are also looking at us.

The girl's expression is one of shock, but with a hint of something else, though I can't tell what it is. Her golden-brown eyes squint at me, searching for something. Her pretty oval-like face is flawless, and so is her straight, honey-brown hair. She's dressed in a tiny pair of blue ripped jean shorts, and her top is a little pink cropped one that ends a few inches below her bust.

The guy standing to the right of her, the brown-haired one I saw earlier, gives me a smile at the uneasy expression on my face. Unlike the girl, whose facial features are sharp and alert, he's are smooth and relaxed. He gives off the impression that he's in a place far away, in a land which no trouble touches dare touch his feet. At the height of what looks to be 6ft something, he's a smidge taller than the twins. He's on the lean side of muscular, with a face that some might describe as hot. Playful light green eyes, a nose that's a bit crooked, and a beautiful sharp jawline.

Wow! I might just be one of those girls.

"Well, that was scary." Felix notes, flipping his red bangs out of his eyes with a shake of his head. He then leaves his place in the door and walks towards me.

"Say that again," Alex mutters, blowing out a breath as he joins his brother.

"Wait for me!" The other guy whines, deep voice reaching a higher pitch as he stumbles over his feet to join the twins who are standing by us.

As expected, the girl who was by his side immediately joins him.

Now we all stand in some type of weird circle for no apparent reason. I would say it's awkward, but it doesn't get to reach that notch because Alex started talking the second brown-haired guy stopped.

"Dude, stop hogging the girl." He complains to the guy behind me, voice playful but the hint of annoyance doesn't bypass my alert hears. " Let me have a turn."

Until this point, I hadn't realized I was still wrapped up in the arms of my knight in shining armor, or his case: black skinny jeans and whatever shirt he's wearing.

If my skin was a pale shade of white instead of black, I'd say that I'm blushing at the moment, but it's not so let's settled with I'm flustered.
Though that feeling doesn't last long as the realization that I'm wrapped up in the arms of a total stranger take over my mind. He must feel the same way as we are in sync when it comes to untangling ourselves from each other.

"I wasn't 'hogging' her," the mystery guy's voice is low and confident. It gives off the hint of a distant accent and makes shiver. Though this is probably because he's slightly breathing on my face, I'm not complaining. "I was helping her. There's a line between the two, my dumb friend." He finishes, glaring at Alex as he takes a few steps away from me.

In turn, Alex huffs in frustration and shoots daggers at the guy who's now standing to the side of me. His twin, Felix, follows close behind in the frustration area. He goes as far as saying, "No, dumb dumb, there isn't. Trust us, we'd know if there was."

"Your point?"

Felix opens his mouth to respond, but Alex beats him to it. "Our point is simple, Finn, you've already got a girlfriend. How selfish can you be, wanting another girl and all?"

Finn...sounds cute...

"If you had any working brain cells, Felix, you'd remember that Rachel and I broke last month." Finn pauses for a second as if debating something. Coming to some conclusion, he nods and says, "Also, I'm not selfish."

At this, the whole group, with me as an exception, laughs. The twins take it to the next level, one of them even wiping a few tears.

My curiosity at his facial response to the group's laughter is cut short when Finn turns to his left side, looking directly at me.

_________

What's up, peoples? Nothing much here, but hope you liked (or tolerated) this chapter! Please vote, comment, and share!

Lots of love,
Liv:)

DF: Jul.5.17
DE: Oct.5.17
WC: 1,192