Chapter Forty One

I'm laying on my bed with the top half of my body on top of Finn's chest. One of his hands plays with the tight coils at the bottom of my neck while the other is loosely circled around my waist. We've been like this, or in position similar, for the past quarter hour simply because Finn believes studying is done best when comfortable.

After trying practically every reasonable method in the books, and even some Finn made up, I'm more than sure my chances of sudden understanding a different language are slim to none. Always the optimist, my dear boyfriend believes otherwise.

"I've got another idea."

I can't help slamming my head into his shirt for a variety of reason. At the top is that I'm tired and sick of freaking spanish. In the mist of my dispair, I take a half second to wonder: why in the world did I take spanish again? A second later I remember it was because I failed it the first time around. "It's not going to work."

"You won't know that until you've tried it." Finn says, gently pulling my head off his chest. His grey-green eyes are alight with new hope that I will no doubt crash in a matter of minutes.

"I'm sick of trying."

A playful smile spreads across Finn's lips, it's purpose most likely to counteract my pout. He leans up into a curl-up position and places a tiny peck to my nose as he whispers, "Too bad."

Bitting my lower lip, I fight hard against myself to keep from smiling. All of a sudden, the thought of giving the new idea a chance doesn't seem that bad. In fact, I know I could easily fool myself into thinking it was a good one.

"Whatever."

"Repeat after me." I raise my eyebrows at Finn, as if saying, really? He in turn ignores me completely and continues. "Ya, ya me está gustando más de lo normal. Todos mis sentidos van pidiendo más..."

I close my eyes and conjure up the image of Finn's lips saying the words in hopes that mine will come out the same way. "Ya, ya esta gustando de lo normal. Todos mis something, something."

I open my eyes to take a quick peak at Finn's face. His eyes are subtly avoiding mine as they stare at the oh so interesting ceiling while his bottom lip is drawn between his teeth. I don't have to ask to know that his thinking of a new idea.

"I take it that I did bad?"

Finn meets my eyes with his, causally saying, "Ya, but don't worry. I have a new idea."

I slam my head down on his chest. "Ouch. Why is your chest so hard?" My groan of pain is weak and filled with the sadness of knowing that I'll more than likely go along with the idea.

"It's called working out. You should try it out sometime."

I could swear that I get whiplash the way I quickly snatch my head from Finn's chest. My mouth is open wide in speechlessness as my eyes shot lasers into Finn's amused eyes. When I finally find my voice, it comes out scratchy and overflowing with disbelief. "Ar-are you calling me fat?"

Finn doesn't miss a beat. "I mean..." He trails off and allows his eyes to give my body a slow once over before meeting my eyes again with a grimace.

"Wo-" Words have never been harder to conjure than in this moment, so I decide against using them. Instead, I punch his chest. The action not only gets rid of my make-believe anger, but hurts a sh't ton on my knuckles part too.

Finn's reaction is not one of pain, like you'd expect from a punch like the one I just delivered, no. His reply is simply grabbing my small hands in his large ones and laughing his head off. "You're so cute."