Chapter Thirteen

Please comment, Readers...it'll make me SOO happy:))
_____

The garage door is closed, and no one ever gave me the code, so I walk to the side and ring the doorbell.

No noise of movement in heard from the inside after a minute, so I'm not sure if someone is coming, or if I should ring it again. As if that fact wasn't enough, Finn still sits in the driveway, waiting for me to get my locked out the butt in the house.

Flip it.

The word is fućk, not flip.

Have you ever felt like killing part of yourself? 'Cause I have.

I ring the doorbell again. To my greatest joy, someone actually comes. With a quick goodbye wave to Finn, I enter.

"So sorry, Sweetie, Jay was watching this stupid teen drama trash. Thought the bell was from that." Beatrice sighs softly, shaking her head.

"It's all good."

"Thanks. Dinner is in thirty." She then leaves me in the entryway, as she walks to the kitchen.

"Kay." The words are spoken to thin air.

I'm about to head to my room when Jaylin's voice stops.

"Jacqueline!"

I believe this is the first time she's ever said my name. And no: her voice has no venom in it whatsoever.

"Hi." Entering the living room.

She lays on the couch, remote on the side, and popcorn in hands.

"Want to watch with me?" She nods towards the tv.

"Sure."

I'm not big into T.V.: I prefer to be out watching the world, or reading a glorious book, to watching some junk designed waste precious time.

Still, I take a seat on the couch, even though I can think of a million other things I could be using this time for. If watching something meaningless gets me closer to Jaylin's good side, then I'm in.

"So what's the show about?"

Because of my dislike of tv, I obviously don't watch it often or keep track of the hit shows. This means as we watch this mixed girl and pale girl spray paint a car, I've got no idea what's really happening.

Why are they killing a perfectly good car?

"Bay, the with the black hair, is going through some type of rebellious phase. And the black girl, I think her name is Solana or something with an 'S', is helping lead the way. Like, they do street art together, and she helps Bay sneak out later in the episode."

Another reason tv is waste: too many spoilers.

"Got it."

I make sure my eyes stay on the tv, so it looks like I'm actually watching it, as I doze off far into my head.

"So, are you going to the party Friday night?"