Chapter Twelve

3K views on Jacqueline today...thank you lovelies:)))
______

Jackie's

Mommy calms Nathanael down while Daddy and I read my favorite book: Nancy Clancy. It's the best book ever! I've read it with Daddy a million times, and now I'm starting to read it by myself.

"Hey, Dave, I think it's time we put the kids to s-l-e-e-p," Mommy whispers to Daddy quietly. Nathanael still lays on her lap, cradled in her arms like the little baby he acts like.

"Ready for dream land, pumpkin?" Daddy turns to me, first setting the book down on the couch and then tickling my sides.

"No..." I giggle.

"You sure?" He teases, his voice drawn to a deeper, eviller level, tickling me again.

"Yes..."

"Ok, then...but you better-"

"David, no-" Mom starts, but it's too late, Daddy can't stop now.

"RUN! THE TICKLE MONSTER IS COMING!"

I scream and run into the entryway, aiming for the stairs. Daddy quickly rushes after, yelling a creepy, monster-like roar. I scream even louder, but I'm also laughing, as I stumble up the stairs.

By this time, Nathanael is already awake. He tries to catch up with Daddy and me, but we are just too fast, so he, like the cry baby he is, starts crying until Mommy gets off the couch and lets out a little roar of her own, chasing after Nathanael.

I run into the hallway, not the one my room is in, but instead the one with Mommy and Daddy's room. I slam their door open and close it after. Quickly locking it, I jump under the covers of their huge bed and hide they're: Daddy won't be able to find me here.

"Jackie! Jackie!" He sings when he enters the room. "Where are you?"

I cover my mouth to stop the giggles that will give me away, but it's way harder than it sounds.

"Are you in the closet?" The sound of a door opening and closing is heard. "Under the bed? Nooo...you're way to smart for that...ARE YOU IN MY BED?!" He yells loudly, while I scream: he found me, pulling the sheets and blankets off me.

"AHHHH!" I yelling when he grabs me around the waist, pulling me from the comfy bed.

"Are you ready for bed now?"

"Yes, Daddy." I yawn, wrapping my tiny arms around his huge neck as he carries me to Nathanael and I's room.

We don't share bedrooms most of the time, only during the times when we leave our main house in Yakima, and visit the ones elsewhere. This is one of those times. We left Yakima on Friday after school, and we'll stay here, at our house in the woods, until Sunday night, after Mommy's T.V. thingy.

"Good night, baby girl." Daddy whispers, setting me down on my queen sized bed. "I love you."

"Love you too, Daddy," I whisper back, rising my arms up for a hug.