Epliogue Part 1

WARNING: The ending is iffy...comes out of nowhere. Read now or wait for part two. Should be up in no more than a week:))

It's a beautiful November afternoon. The trees are alive and looking as beautiful as ever in their fall colors. With its fading rays, the sun lightly kisses the wisps of clouds left, leaving streaks of red, orange and yellow in its wake. It's the perfect image of a blessed life, so freeing and relaxed.

I lean my head out of the car window slightly, and inhale the autumn air with the hope that for just one moment, my mind would stop wondering. The air is calming and for a fragment of a minute nothing matters. I'm on a normal camping trip with my boyfriend and friends. No worries litter my life. I'm not checking for the enemy within every smile thrown my way. A light smile crosses my dark red lips. The life in my imagination is not only within my grasp, it's already here. All I have to do is allow myself to embrace it,  and I will. I know I will. But first, I must close the finale chapter of my old life.

Finn quirks his head in my direction, pale blonde hair flopping back. A look of confusion mares his beautiful face as he says, "You're smiling."

It's my turn to knit my eyebrows together and gaze at him with slightly parted lips. "And you aren't."

He turns his head back towards the road, a light smirk curved on his lips. "Guess I asked for that one."

A breathy giggle leaves my lips and quickly fades away into the loud atmosphere of the truck. I turn in my seat to face Finn and grab the hand not on the wheel, tightly squeezing it. His head once again travels away from the road as his grey eyes meet mine.

All at once what I wanted to say is forgotten and it feels like my heart has stopped beating. I'm not having a panic attack. I know I'm not. Still, I can't explain the feeling building up within me. The realization that I should probably say something wedges it's way to the front of my mind, warming my cheeks up.

"Babe?" I can almost see the wheels spinning in Finn's mind.

I bring his hand to my lips and kiss it light, whispering, "Pay attention to the road." Not the words I'd wanted to say, I imagination. Still, I can't exactly put a finger on what I had wanted to blurt so bad.

"I'm with you on that, Jaxs-" McCay starts, leaning his big head forward and through the space between Finn and I's seat.

My interjection is automatic, "It's still Jacqueline," as is his.

"-Hudson here is the worst driver yet. Doesn't focus on the road enough."

I like Finn with every bone in my body, I'm sure that I do, yet even I can't overlook this fact. The best I can do is hold his hand tighter in mine as Jace and McCay eat away at him, and man, do they take their job seriously. By the time we arrive at our destination, I've heard every bad driving joke in history, and then some. Though it all, Finn is calm. Rolling his eyes when needed and even occisianly chuckling alongside his friends.
I drown them all out, preferring to watch the trees and painted sky until I see our home for the weekend.

"We're here," Jace yells, as if Finn parking the truck hadn't announced that. Within seconds, he's grabbed the bags he can reach and is on his way to jumping out of the barely parked car.

Jay quickly pockets her earbuds, hot on her brothers feet. I'm unbuckling my seatbelt when McCay leaves. "So they left fast."
I state, tearing my eyes away from the strap and focusing then on Finn.

"Isn't that wonderful?" He mutters, leaning back in his seat.
His eyelids close, and within just seconds his breathing is an even pace.

Really?

"Yeah, sure. Now come on! Let's go."

He pouts. "I don't want to."

A playful sigh leaves my lips and I turn in my seat to face him. "Why not?"

"The mean boys hurt my feelings."

"Aww, poor baby."

He nods his head, eyes still closed. "Yea. Can you kiss me? To make it better?"

At this I laugh lightly, a warm feeling of excitement crawling into my stomach. Buzzing with nerves, I tiptoe over the console and straddle Finn's lap. His once audible breath quiets for a second, I'll assume from surprise, before quickly returning but this time a hint faster. I will myself to stop smiling as I lean close to his ear whispering, "If you say please-"

"Please." Finns lip crash onto mine in a hungry kiss as his hands tightly grasp my waist. The small gasp of shock I let out is soon forgotten as I press my body against his. His warm, soft lips caress, gentle for a second and aggressive the next. I wind my arms tightly around his neck as his tongue slips into my mouth. A pleasant shiver travels through my body and I moan in pleasure.
I'm so lost in the kiss and how good everything feels that I almost don't feel Finn's fingers entering my shirt. They're cool to the point of almost cold, but I gladly welcome the tender strokes they bestow upon my lower back and sides.

In the back of my mind, alarm bells sound off. Over and over again they remind of how Finn could easily open his eyes and notice the two scars on my stomach. I do my best to tune them out. If Finn and I'd relationship is going to make to for the long ride, and I have feeling that it will, then eventually he's going to find out. If today has to be that day, then so be it.

I almost smile at the thought, but last minute decide to instead battle Finn's tongue for dominance. Our kiss is getting hotter and my shirt is rising higher when there's a knock on Finn's window.

"HUDSON PUT MY SISTER'S SHIRT DOWN!" Jace yells through the window.

I break free from Finn's lips and he reluctantly lets go of my waist. My cheeks are flushing under my dark skin as I avoid Jace's eyes. Finn is more relaxed, going as far as stretching his arms before opening the door.

Jace wastes no time before starting his, luckily, short lecture. "Really? In the day time?" He grabs me off Finn's lap and plants me on the ground.

Finn grabs our phones, shrugging, "Get you a girlfriend who looks as hot as mine, and then ask questions."

Annoyed at Finn's nonchalance, Jace gives up, but not before uttering a few unneeded words of wisdom. "Whatever. Just don't forget to use a condom!" He then rans off towards the others before Finn or I can wack him.

Finn clears his throat and hands me my backpack, the casual gesture stating we won't he talking about Jace's words anytime soon. Fine by me. There's some things that I'm undoubtedly not ready for, and going all the way is clearly one of them.

Read Part Two Soon—
DP: Aug.31.18
WC: 1183
xx Liv