Finn

August 20th, 2017

Finn

"Pass me the screwdriver." Jace grits out each word. His hands look strained as he struggles under the Hangmen's motorbike.
It
I felt bad, I truly did, watching him strain to hold the piece of junk together, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the damned screw thing was.

"What does it look like?"

"Blue handle with a little plus sign at the end."

Right.

I turn my eyes from Jace and aim to force them on the black toolbox, but quickly get distracted by Robert's SUV. It pulls into their driveway, and both he and Beatrice get out. Following behind them is this black girl. She's short, probably 5'1 at most, and has her black hair in what I'm going to guess is its natural state: extremely curly, like I can barely see the curls curly. She turns and walks to the back of the car, my eyes travel up her small body to her face. She's simple: not extremely beautiful, yet not even close to ugly either.

"FINN! SCREWDRIVER. NOW!" Jace's roar pulls my eyes away from her for a second, but that's all it takes for her to disappear inside the McCain's house.

Damn.

"I'm getting it." I sigh, grabbing the mental-blue-thing.

It takes Jace another quarter-hour to finish fixing the bike. During that time, I'd done what I could to help, which means nothing as my knowledge of fixing things is non-existent and stared at the house across hoping to catch a glimpse of the girl. No such luck.

Shrugging my shoulders in a  nonchalantly kinda way, I walk to my bike, throw on my helmet and ride away from the Hangmen's house. I reach my apartment within a few short minutes and slam the bike into my part of the garage.

I sprint to the elevators and push the button for the highest floor. Only a hand full of people live on this floor, and they are mostly old or in their mid-adult years. They never talk to me, and I don't waste my time with them either.

I unlock my door and slam it shut behind me. Chip, my three-month-old Labrakita, rushes into the living room at the sound.

"Hey, buddy!" I bend down and hug his tiny body to my chest, allowing him free access to slobbering all over my already dirty shirt. "You hungry?"

Without waiting for his little bark of approval, I sent him down on the hardwood floor and grab a box of his food from the top of my tv. I drop a trail of the little pebbles from the entry all the into my room. Chip happily starts eating his snack, little wagging behind him and all.

I take a quick shower with the door open and the fan off in hopes of hearing Chip better if something goes amiss—He's repeatedly been known to eat too fast and choke on whatever he's eating or even drinking.

I finish my quick shower and change into a new set of clothing within just five minutes. Keys in hand, my eyes wander around the room one last time to see if everything is as should be. Chip is curled on the white couch, already sleeping. I'm kinda tempted to take a little nap alongside him when I get an impatient text from Felix.

Felix: How hard can it possibly be to feed one little dog? Hurry the frick up.
_Delivered and read at 5:06 pm.