Chapter Seven

Edited

I locate my phone and walk into the bathroom swiftly. I stare at my reflection for a second and see nothing new. The Jacqueline from yesterday and every other day I've looked in the mirror stares back at me. My black curly hair falls to my shoulders when stretched out, the short ends act as bangs, some falling into my eyes, while the rest frames my small oval-like face. My dark, so dark they look black in some lights, brown eyes are a little big for my face, in my opinion anyway, while my nose is too small and flat. Most people's noses look like pyramids or triangles: they're pointy at the top. Mine is like a squashed balloon: flat on all ends. My mouth is ok with full medium lips that are on the darker side of brown. I usually wear some type of pink lipstick, but I have got none at the moment.

Clothe, charger, lipstick.

I chant my list a few times as I walk downstairs.

Finn and Jace lounge on the couches in the living room. Jace laying back with one foot off, and hands behind his head in a relaxed manner. And Finn seating normally, hands flying across his screen. His head snaps up the second I enter the room, though I'm pretty much I was ninja quiet.

"You ready to go?" He smiles brightly.

I'm so dazed by that little simple factor that I almost miss how his eyes quickly drift from my own and instead down to my toes, and back again.

"Yea." I'm surprised how normal my voice sounds, even though my face is on fire, and a stupid grin is glued to my lips.

"Great. Let's go." He stands and shoves his phone in his jeans. Walking a few feet to Jace, Finn grabs the other boy's hand and drags him off the couch. Jace's body falls to the ground with a loud thud sound.

"Ouch." He groans out in pain, stands up swiftly, and rubbing his 'hurt' head. "What the hell?" Shooting Finn a death glare.

He, in turn, shrugs it off, dust imaginary dust off his shoulders, and asks, "What vehicle are we taking?"

"That's the thing, we don't have one. Mom took her car to the sports shop, and Dad is subbing as a mechanic down in Spokane, so he took Jay and I's car."

"Dang. You were going to walk then?" He stares at Jace, a skeptical look painted on his pale face.

"Of course not. I knew you could drive us."

"You predicted my moves...I'm impressed, McCain. That kinda stuff takes brains."

A silent little chuckle bounces out of my mouth at the now annoyed Jace. The guys pay no attention to me though, they just keep on talking as if I wasn't standing a couple of feet away from them.

"Shut up. Can you give us a ride?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I brought the bike today, not the porch."

"The bike?" Jace makes the dreamy face I always make when I see food, and to be completely honest, it's creepy. That's coming from me. The queen of creeps.

"Yup."

"Sweet!"

"Except it can only take me, and one of you guys."