Chapter 16

Kate's POV

Jake picked me up, causing me to squeal with happiness, he kissed my lips & shut the door. I opened my eyes to see his features so baby like & loving that I wrapped my arms around their natural place.

I moaned into his mouth as he gently laid me down on the bed. I wanted this if he wanted this, he just had to say the word . I wrung my fingers through his hair , causing him to moan. I could feel my heart beating faster & faster as the seconds went by. He moved down to my neck & kissed me on my soft spot as I raised my body up to him, offering him to do more.

Jake broke apart from me, breaking my heart,  & looked at me. I turned my head away from his gaze so he wouldn't see the tear sliding down the side of my face. I held in my whimper as I felt the rejection hit me. I should've known what was happening, how could I have been so stupid.

I pushed Jake off of me & grabbed my pajamas before running into the bathroom, locking the door behind me before turning around & turning the shower on & pushing up against the door & sliding down it. Tears threatening to spill from my eyes as I heard Jake try to get me to come out. I couldn't find the strength to get up from my spot on the floor as tears streamed down my face steadily. 

When I felt better I got up from the floor & I slowly got undressed before turning the water to hot & getting in. I washed my body with the hotel body wash & washed my hair slowly with the supplies they leave for the customers. I got done with my shower faster than I wanted to so I sat down in the shower until the hot water started turning to warm.

Getting up I grabbed my towel & shut the water off before wrapping the towel around my body. I stepped out of the shower & onto the rug next to the shower. I walked over to the mirror & wiped the steam away to see a drenched me with red blotchy eyes & face.

I grabbed my phone & checked the time, figuring out that the pool was still open at this time of night. I pressed my ear up to the door & heard nothing but silence. I unlocked the door & peeked my head around the corner to see if Jake was asleep on either the couch or on the bed, but saw nothing but an empty room. I walked out in my towel & found the brown & dark green bikini swimsuit in the bag with the rest of the clean clothes.

Grabbing the bikini swimsuit I walked back into the bathroom & changed into it. i decided to brush my hair & dry it well with the towel before putting it in a bun on the top of my head. I shut the bathroom light out after I picked up my mess & grabbed my phone & a towel, along with the room key.

I found a piece of paper & a pen to scribble out a letter to Jake to where I went.

Jake,

Please don't come looking for me, I'm at the pool. Just let me be for a few hours. I'll come home when the pool closes for the night. Goodnight & see you in the morning.

-Kate

p.s. sorry for earlier, I just need time to myself.

p.s.s if you want to join me around ten-thirty then you can, just find a pair of your trunks in the bag.

I put the note on the table next to the door & shut the light out before heading down to the pool.

I walked in with my eyes pretty surprised. I have never seen a pool so beautiful & just wow looking. The slide was three times as tall as I was & I was almost six foot tall. The pool was one of those magnificent ones that you could walk into, like a beach & the other end was deep. On the other side was four hot tubs & some sprayers in the floor that shot up every now & then. This place reminded me of a water park. I loved it here & i was saddened by the thought that Jake wasn't here to experience this with me.

I walked over to one of the four areas where there was loungers & chairs in six neat rows. I ended up setting my phone & stuff in the lounger all the way in the front ,to the right. I knew my stuff was safe because nobody was here , considering it was dinner time.

I dipped my toes into the pool water & decided it was a little to cold for me , so I walked over to the nearest hot tubs & sat down in front of the jets as it hit my achy muscles. I exhaled & leaned my head on the concrete floor behind me & shut my eyes to relax me completely.

Before I knew it I felt a presence in the pool room with me. I instantly opened my eyes & looked around to see Jake over by my stuff putting a towel, his phone, & room key down on the chair to the left of mine. He turned around & locked eyes with me. He took a step closer to me then decided against it, waiting for the okay from me.

I nodded my head at him & he walked carefully over to me & sat next to me inside of the hot tub. I instantly cuddled up next to him & exhaled. I really need to keep my emotions in check. I felt pressure on the top of my head from his lips & looked up to see Jake studying me.

I smiled at him & he picked me up to where I was on his lap facing him & I could feel his breath on my cheek. I looked up into his eyes & attempted a smile on my face. I was nervous to how Jake was going to react to my behavior earlier.

"Are you okay?" Jake asked me.

"Better than earlier."

"What happened earlier exactly?"

"Just some thoughts that are quite silly now."

"Okay, that is understandable."

"Where did you go earlier? I came out of the bathroom & saw you weren't there." I asked him, bringing my eyebrows together.

"I decided to take a walk & just enjoy the night. I came back to see you gone & a note you left for me. Thank you for letting me know where you were." He said kissing my forehead.

"No problem, again sorry for earlier."

"You're forgiven. How long have you been down here for?"

"I'm not for sure, how was the walk?"

"Good, it was peaceful."

"That's good."

"Yes, so are you ready to go to bed, you look exhausted."

"Yeah, you ready for bed?" I asked as I hugged him.

"Yeah, I was waiting until you were ready."

"Well let's go." I said as I got up & helped him to a standing position as he scooped me up & carried me out of the hot tub & towards our towels. I grabbed my things as I wrapped a towel around my body. I turned to see Jake doing the same & held his hand out for me to grab.

We rode the elevator in silence & entered the hotel room extremely exhausted. I grabbed my pajamas & went into the bathroom to strip out of my swimsuit & hang it over the edge to dry over night. Once my pajamas were on I walked out & brushed my hair. Jake was already in his sweats & white shirt & was headed to hang up his trunks in the tub to dry. I pulled my hair into a pony tail & got in bed before Jake appeared from the bathroom, shutting the lights out to both the bathroom & the room. I turned the lamp on the side of the bed & patted the other side of the bed for him to get into.

He automatically crawled into bed next to me, spooning me from behind as I reached over & shut the lamp off. I snuggled in closer to him and felt the warmth of his body close to me, warming me up. I felt him kiss my head as his hand glided up & down my arm, causing me to feel tired & before I knew it the darkness took over as I entered dreamland, but before I was totally out I clutched his hand & rubbed my thumb over the back of his hand.

"I love you Jake Renning." I whispered.

I felt his lips on the back of my head again before I felt him tighten his grasp around my body.

"I love you too Kate Tatum." I heard him say as I finally got swooped into my dreams.

Let me know what you think of this chapter by commenting, voting, & sharing I'm In Love with My Student.

-Kat <3