Chapter 4

Chapter 4 updated 12/7/2021

Lunch came around sooner than expected, there were different patients this time and they were both being stared at by everyone else.

I was sat next to Michael this time. I could feel his body heat from my seat.

A nurse dropped off our food and then scurried away. I followed her with my eyes with amusement. People are really scared of the man sitting beside me.

"So, do all the nurses run away like that or is that just her," I asked giving Michael a sideways grin.

From my position, I could see his lips quirk up slightly in amusement. Ha, lookie there what was that. A reaction? Sign me up and call me a doctor because I just got a reaction out of the elusive stoic Michael Myers.

I ate silently for the most part, glancing at Michael to watch his movements. They seemed to be rhythmic. He was an apex predator and everyone knew it.

I curled a leg underneath my other and accidently shifted into Michael. I stiffened and so did he.

Well heck.

I slowly rebalance myself and Michael seemed to watch me from the corner of his eye.

I softly mumbled, "Sorry Michael." I focused on my food from then on.

They were allowed outside for a short time since it was in fact late September and still quite warm for Illinois.

I basked in the sunlight head turned to the sky in the middle of the lot.

Michael seemed to stand a few paces behind me. I was getting used to his presence.

His shadow seemed to engulf mine.

I forget how tall he really is to my 5'3 great stature.

I closed my eyes for a second before being startled back to reality by an alarm going off within the building.

"Patient 2044 has escaped from his cell!!! Please lock all doors and keep anyone you can stationary as possible! Patient 2044 is in the west room and goes by the name of Vincent Richards, he is considered dangerous!"

I don't know what happened first.

The shaking, the knees hitting the ground, or my sight and hearing going in and out and being blurry.

No. No. No. He's supposed to be dead. He's supposed to.

Large hands grasped my face and Michael's masked face filled my vision.

"He's supposed to be dead."

"He's supposed to be..."

My eyes rolled back into my head and everything went black.

Michael carried Sarafina behind the guards towards the nurse's office.

He never been in this wing before.

Sarafina was deathly still in his arms and he felt an inkling of concern.

He was also questioning why the alarm set her off.

She seemed to know of the patient which escaped.

Who was he to her?

COMMENTS AND VOTES APPRECIATED!!!!