Chapter 20

1 ½ months later

"Niall!" Alice called to me. "Whats wrong!?" I asked running into the living room. "Before I ask this, just remember these are your children and if you laugh we will be very mad," She paused "Will you help me up?" She asked. "Of course" I smiled at her. I grabbed her delicate hands, and put my arms around her delicate frame. I was still amazed at how tiny she was "I would never laugh at you for needing help" I told her. She put her arms around my waist. "I can't wait to hold them" I said putting my hands on her belly. "I can't wait to not be pregnant" Her head went against my chest but the rest of her body was bent at an angle that couldn't be comfortable. "So casserole for dinner?" She asked. "Yeah. Sure" I agreed. Alice dropped her arms and started towards the kitchen. "So, I have to go on tour in a few days. It was a complete surprise but I was thinking you could come" I finally broke the news. "Niall. I can't. I'm too pregnant" She said with tears brimming her eyes. "I'm so sorry honey" I pulled her back into my arms. "What if they come while you're gone?" She cried into my chest. "Honey they won't" I assured her. "Ni, it's twins. They can come a month early or what if something goes wrong?" She sobbed. "Alice. If anything goes wrong, which it won't, I will be here as soon as possible. Ok?" I told her, kissing her head. "Ok" Her voice broke. "You can always call Mum. She would be happy to come" I told her. "Ok" I could feel her tears on my chest.