Chapter 28

"Is there anything I can do honey?" He asked, rubbing my side. I shook my head. "Niall go get something to eat. You need it" I told him. He looked pale and tired. "I don't want to leave you" He said. "Don't worry about me. I'm fine" I kissed him. "Okay" He stood up reluctantly, kissing my forehead. "Mum, you want something?" He asked. "I'm okay" She said, moving next to me. "Alice. I really don't want to agree with this doctor but I don't think you can hold out long enough to deliver both of these babies naturally" Maura said. "Maura I can't" Tears started to roll down my cheeks. "Honey I know you don't want to but you have to think about your safety too" Maura told me. "I'm-" I stopped whimpering in pain. "I'm fine" I said. Niall was shoving the last of a sandwich in his mouth. "Everything okay?" Niall asked, sitting next to my feet. Maura nodded. Maura motioned for Niall to come to the corner of the room. "I don't think she can hold out long enough" Maura whispered. "She can barely hold onto my hand anymore" Niall whispered back. "I think it's time to actually consider a c-section" Maura whispered. "Hey Babe?" I said. "Yeah?" Niall raised his eyebrows. "No more babies" I smirked. "Okay honey" Niall patted my foot laughing. "Oh god" I clung to the side of the bed, caught off guard by the pain in my hips, then moving down. "Get the doctor! Please" I whimpered. "Mum" Niall grabbed my hand. Maura rushed out of the room quickly. "I'm Silia. Dr. Whitman is thoroughly ill trained to deliver your twins. Don't worry I am a trained midwife" A woman said. Niall looked at me with question. "Okay. Amazing" I said. Silia moved between my legs. "First baby is already coming" She said. "Push when you need to" She said. I bore down, whimpering. "First baby' legs are out. Again" she instructed. "You're doing great" Niall said. "Just the shoulders now" She said. With the last push I heard crying. "First baby is here! Congratulations on your little boy!" Silia said. "Caleb Jackson" Niall said. "You should have a few minutes of rest now" Silia said. Niall held my hand, rubbing it with his thumb. "I'm so proud of you" He said. "We still have one more" I said. "I know babe" He kissed me. "Owww. He's here Ni!" I cried. "Push when you need" The midwife said. I pushed. "One more" She said. I fell back in exhaustion after I heard his cry. "Ethan Michael" I said. The midwife brought Caleb, who had my blond hair and Ethan, who had dark hair already. "They're perfect" Niall said. "Yeah, they are."

Born April 15th 2016