Chapter 27

30 minutes later I felt an uncomfortable feeling in my pelvis. "Ni. I think one of them is coming" I whimpered. "Mum will you get the doctor?" Niall asked. I heard her get up, but had my eyes shut. "Okay. Let's get Alice to her back" the doctor said. Niall grabbed my hand. "Your doing great" Niall said. They put my legs into the stirrups. "Okay Alice. When you feel your next contraction I want you to push" The doctor said. I bore down as hard as I could, then fell back exhausted. "Again" The doctor said. I pushed again and again. The doctor stood up. "It seems as if that was a false alarm.There isn't any progress being made. I think it's time to consider" He said. I held onto Niall's hand. "Alice? It's your call" Maura told me. I shook my head. "As long as they aren't in danger, I want to push" I said. "Alright" The doctor said. He left us alone for a little while to try using gravity to our advantage. I leaned with my back against Niall's chest while he swayed lightly. I kept my eyes shut. "Alice. I really do think you should consider a c-section. It would be easier for you" Niall rubbed my sides. "No. It's a much harder recovery Ni. I won't be able to move hardly any" I said. "I'll be there to help you sweetheart" He said. "What about when you're at work?" I asked. "Honey you would never be alone" He assured me. "I can't do it Niall. I can't have a c-section" I said walking towards the window. "You're right Alice. I'm sorry" He said putting his hands under my belly. "Alice? Can I check you?" The doctor asked. I nodded and went back to the bed. "She's about 9 now. Another hour or two" The doctor said. "Thanks" Niall replied when I didn't say anything. "How did he let you push when you weren't even past 9 yet?" Maura shook her head. "Mum, not the time" I squeezed Niall's hand whimpering a bit. "It's okay baby" Niall rubbed my back with his free hand. I felt the strongest contraction yet. I squeezed Niall's hand weakly.