Chapter 23

Niall and I took it easy for the next 3 days. "Ni?" I said softly. "Yeah?" He asked. "Can we go lay down?" I asked. "Of course. I'm all yours" He smiled and allowed me to go upstairs first. He kept his hand on my back, keeping me steady. "Wait Ni, stop" I said. I felt more braxton hicks building. "Sweetheart. Are you sure it's just braxton hicks?" Niall asked. "no" I shook my head and turned around. "Can I pick you up?" Niall asked. I nodded. Niall picked me up like I weighed nothing. He put me on our bed. "We really should take you to the hospital" Niall said. "It's too early for them to come Niall" I said tearing up. "Honey. It's going to be okay. We need to take you to the hospital soon so that you can get the best care possible. Okay?" Niall put his hands on my belly. I nodded wiping my tears. Niall picked me up to take me downstairs. "Ni? Can I walk? I think it will help" I said. Niall slowly put me down and followed me, keeping his hand on me. "Slow Alice" He reminded. I stopped and put a hand to my belly. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. I continued walking down the steps. When I reached the landing I was very glad that I packed our bags a few days ago. "Ni they're getting closer together" I warned. Niall helped me into the car and grabbed my hand. I closed my eyes in the car and breathed slowly. Every Time I got a contraction I would squeeze Niall's hand weakly. When we got to the hospital, I was placed in a room where they put a heart monitor for each baby around my belly. I laid on my side trying to sleep but kept getting contractions every 15 minutes.