Chapter 0.2

September 2017

|| Marabelle ||

"Marabelle Jaimeson, you never cease to amaze me!" Karla Gibbons, one of the girls on my dance crew, squealed as I finished showing her, Delilah, Stacy and Mallory the routine I had choreographed for us.

"That was incredible, Mara!" Stacy said to me.

"I can't wait to learn that. It looks great, Mara," Delilah said to me with a sweet smile.

"That's my bff," Mallory said with a proud grin.

"Awh, thanks guys," I said to them all with a smile as I caught my breath.

Mallory and I have been dancing with Karla, Delilah and Stacy since our first year of uni. They're all at Princeton with us and are incredible dancers. The five of us make a dynamic team.

"Alright, y'all. Let's learn this," Delilah said, getting up from her spot on the floor.

Tying my hair up into a higher bun, I took my place at the front of the room and then began to work through the routine with the girls.

Two hours later we decided to call it quits for the day because Delilah and I have lectures to attend and Karla said something about a blind date she was going on.

"Is it cool if I invite Scott and Freddie over for a movie night tonight?" Mallory asked me as we changed into regular clothes in the locker room.

"Yeah, sure," I nodded. Dinner last night with Scott and Freddie went really well. I got to know both guys pretty well and they're pretty cool. Plus I know that Scott's seriously invested in his relationship with Mal which makes me very happy.

After Mal and I had gone our separate ways, I stopped by Starbucks and ordered my usual venti PSL before heading to campus. I swear I have the weirdest class schedule.

Seeing that I still had thirty minutes still my lecture was due to start, I stopped by the cute little bakery on campus to grab a brownie before they make the best vegan brownies ever. Nope, I'm not vegan though. The brownies are just really good.

After getting my brownie, I took a seat at one of the tables and then proceeded to scroll through my twitter feed while eating the delicious dark chocolatey baked goodness.

"Mind if I sit?" I heard a male voice ask, snapping me out of the in zone. Looking up, my brown eyes met the emerald green ones that belonged to Freddie.

"Oh hey, not at all," I said with a smile.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you," He said as he sat down opposite me.

"Oh, nah. Not at all," I said. "I was literally just scrolling through twitter to kill time before my class."

"Yeah same," He said. "This place makes the best brownies. Couldn't resist one before a long and boring accounting class."

"The vegan kind?"

"Yep," He nodded.

"They're literally the best," I swooned.

"Absolutely," He agreed with a grin.

Freddie and I spent the next fifteen minutes chatting until we had to head off to our classes.

"Wait, you're coming to mine and Mal's tonight with Scott, yeah?" I asked him as we walked out of the bakery.

"Yup," He nodded. "Mal's determined to make Scott and I watch at least a couple of episodes of that 13 Reasons Why show."

"Oh my gosh, its the best!" I said. "You guys are gonna love it!"

"I'm not so sure of that," He chuckled. "It seems a little girly."