Chapter 0.25

June 2018

|| Freddie ||

I couldn't help but smile a little as the familiar smell of vanilla and raspberry trickled through my nasal senses as my eyes fluttered open.

Marabelle's long dark hair was sprawled out over her face and my chest and she just looked so fucking adorable while she was sleeping (well she looks adorable all the time actually). And she's mine. Man I'm one lucky bastard.

Because her head was using my chest as a makeshift pillow, I didn't have the heart to move and potentially wake her up.

"Peaches?" She mumbled as her arm wrapped a little tighter around my torso.

"I'm here, baby," I said as I leaned down and kissed her forehead. "Morning."

"Hmm, morning," She mumbled with a smile as she opened her eyes.

"Did you sleep okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, really well," She smiled. "I had this really nice dream about this really amazing guy who's my boyfriend and he went all the way to Ihop for me and got me waffles for breakfast. Pity  it was just a dream..."

I chuckled. "Can I tell you something amazing? In fact, its mind blowing."

"Yeah, sure," She giggled.

"There is this really amazing guy who just happens to be your boyfriend and he would do anything for his babygirl even if it means going all the way to Ihop to get her waffles," I told her with a grin.

"Well damn then I must be one lucky girl," She grinned as she rolled over so that her head was resting on her pillow.

"I'll be back soon, okay?" I said as I kissed her cheek before getting out of bed and slipping on my hoodie and Vans before grabbing my wallet and car keys and then leaving Marabelle's apartment.

As I drove to the famous pancake house, I made a mental checklist of everything that I had to do today.

Go to the gym with Scott
Go to a meeting with my dad
Pick Karliegh up from a friend's house and take her to ballet
Have dinner with Marabelle's parents and brother...

The last thing on the agenda seriously freaked me out. Yes, nine days into our relationship and I'm already meeting my girlfriend's family. Considering that she's already unofficially met mine, her dad and brother insisted on meeting me. Someone shoot me off a bridge.

When I got to Ihop, I quickly ordered two sets of waffles and pancakes (because knowing Marabelle she'd probably want pancakes as well) before I went over to Starbucks because I know my girl way too well.

Back at the apartment I found Marabelle wrapped in a blanket in the living room watching Adventure Time.

"Chocolate chip waffles, pancakes and a grande PSL for the cutest girlfriend in the world," I said to her.

"Oh my gosh, you got me Starbucks?" She grinned at me.

"Of course I did," I chuckled.

"You're literally so nice. Omg I think I'm gonna keep you." Holy shit her uncontrollable grin was just the cutest fucking thing in the whole world. "I can't even deal with how much I like you."

"Well that's pretty convenient because I can't deal with how much I like you too," I chuckled.

After we had eaten breakfast and drunk our coffee, we got ready for the day before going our separate ways.

***

"Freddie, don't grip the steering wheel so hard. You'll leave groves," Marabelle said to me, snapping me out of my thoughts as I drove to the restaurant Primee where we'd be meeting her parents and brother for dinner.

"Huh?" I mumbled, loosening my grip on the steering wheel as she had instructed.

"Babe, stop freaking out," She laughed, "I promise it'll be fine."

"I'm not freaking out," I lied. But truth is, I'm about to go into cardiac arrest. Only god knows how tonight's gonna turn out.

"Liar," She grinned teasingly. "I know you well enough, remember?"

"I'm not worried," I said and then leaned over to kiss her temple. Lies.

"My dad and brother are gonna be hard on you at first but that's just how they are. They'll loosen up though. Don't worry about it," She said as I pulled to the valet station.

"I'll be fine," I said, mainly to myself, and the got out of the car and handed my keys to the valet before going over to Marabelle's side and opening the door for her. After getting the valet ticket, we headed inside the restaurant.

We quickly spotted Marabelle's family and as soon as we approached them her mother pulled her into a tight hug and began rambling.

"My sweet little girl! I feel like I haven't seen you in ages! Why is it that every time I see you, you look thinner? I've told you that you can't just live of Starbucks, Marabelle! I hope Mallory isn't looking as thin as you are. I have it in my right mind to drag both of you back home and feed you until -"

"Momma, calm down. She looks fine," Her brother said to her.

"Evan Kyle, don't tell me what to do," She snipped at him. "Your sister is practically wasting away here!"

"Momma, I promise I'm healthy," Marabelle giggled and then laced our fingers together. "Guys, this is Freddie, my boyfriend. Freddie, that's my mom, Sasha, my dad, Peter and my older brother Evan."

Almost immediately I felt crucified by her father and brother's stares.

"Freddie, huh?" Her dad said. "Short for Frederick, I presume?"

"Yes, sir," I nodded. "Pleasure to meet you, sir."

"You as well, son," He said, shaking my hand firmly.

"Evan," Her brother said as he also shook my hand.

"Good to meet you," I said.

"Its so lovely to meet you, Freddie!" Her mom said as she pulled me into a hug. "Marabelle hasn't actually told us much about you but worry not! We'll have plenty of time to get to know you tonight."

"Its a pleasure to meet you too, Mrs Jaimeson," I said politely.

"Please, Mrs Jaimeson is Peter's mother. You just call me Sasha," She said as we all sat down.

"So, Freddie," Evan fired off the first round of questions, "Marabelle tells us you're studying business accounting, no?"

"I am," I nodded.

"Tell me, Frederick, what do your parents do?" Mr Jaimeson asked me, causing me to internally cringe at the sound of my full name.

"Daddy, its not necessary to call him by his first name, yano," Marabelle said to her dad but he dismissed her and awaited my answer.

"My mother owns a dance studio and my dad owns an accounting firm and he's also just recently acquired half of the now Rothman-Rivers hotel group," I answered.

"I see," He hummed, his stare still burning holes into me.

"So Freddie, tell me. What are your intentions with my baby sister?" Evan asked me straight out.

"Evan!" Marabelle hissed.

"No, Mara. I'm sure I have the right to know the answer to that," He said to her.

"You need a filter," She huffed at her older brother.

"Freddie." Evan looked hard at me.

"Honestly, my intentions with Marabelle are nothing but pure," I told him because it was true.

"That's just wonderful," Mrs Jaimeson piped in. "Clearly you're good for our little girl, Freddie, because ever since she's started seeing you she's been so much happier. Even Peter and Evan will vouch for that even though they don't want to admit it. I think its fabulous that you and Marabelle are together."

"Thank you, Mrs Jaimeson," I smiled at her.

After we had ordered dinner, the next round of questions began. For the next forty-five minutes I was questioned about my future plans, more about my family, my past romances (fuck, that was awkward), what's sports I play and everything else in between.

"So tell me, Freddie, when do you plan to make an honest woman out of my baby girl?" Mrs Jaimeson asked me, causing me to nearly choke on my water. Same couldn't be said for Marabelle though. I gently patted her back as she choked up on the iced-tea she was drinking.

"Momma!" She hissed at her mother.

"What?" She shrugged. "I think its a perfectly valid question."

"Sasha, they've been dating all of two minutes," Mr Jaimeson said to his wife.

"So what?" She asked. "Its never to early to start thinking about these kind of things, Peter. We do want grandchildren, you know."

"Momma, trust me, Freddie and I aren't getting married anytime soon," Marabelle said, voicing my current thoughts. I seriously like Marabelle but there's seriously no way either of us are ready for...marriage.

"Nor are you having any babies," Evan said sternly, sending a glare my way.

The rest of dinner went pretty smoothly and by the end I was kinda sure that Evan and his father weren't going to kill me.

"Freddie, get Marabelle to get the valet to bring your car around. We needa talk real quick," Evan said to me.

"Uh, no you don't," Marabelle said to him.

"Yes we do," He shot back at her.

"It's fine. I'll see you in a bit, okay?" I said to her as I handed her the valet ticket.

She pouted unhappily before nodding and heading off with her mom while Evan, her dad and I hung back.

"Look, Freddie, you seem like you're a good kid and I know that Marabelle really likes you a lot," Evan said, "so I think I'll only need to iterate this once. Don't hurt my baby sister."

"I was never planning on it," I said quickly.

"Marabelle's my little girl, Freddie, and I'll do anything to make sure she's happy. You clearly make her happy. Keep it that way," Mr Jaimeson said to me.

"That, I plan on doing," I said. "Marabelle means a lot to me and I'd never do anything to intentionally hurt or upset her."

"Good," He nodded at me. "Because I own a shooting range, you know. And my aim is never off."

I cleared my throat and chuckled awkwardly. "Good to know, sir."

Just as we were about to go our different ways, Evan suddenly called over to me. "Freddie!"

"Yeah?"

"We'll hit the court next time I'm in town. See if your jump shot really is as good as Marabelle says," He said with a chuckle.

"I'll hold you to it," I said with a small smile before heading over to my car and getting into the drivers seat.

"What was that all about?" Marabelle asked me.

"Nothing you have to worry about," I said with a smile before leaning over and pressing my lips against hers.

Tonight went a lot better than I expected -well, minus the talk about marriage and babies. And I very well planned to adhere to Evan and Mr Jaimeson's warnings. There's no way in hell I'll ever hurt Marabelle.

Not a fucking chance.  

***

Current life update: School is legitimately killing me. Like im actually so done right now. but on the plus side, Im gonna be in Cali in April!! Woop woop! Hope you guys liked this chapter :)

Heres Consequences by Camila Cabello because I absolutely love her and her voice and this song is just so beautifully crafted and makes me want to cry in 16 different languages.