Chapter 0.10

December 2017

|| Freddie ||

"Freddie, whens Marabelle coming over again?" Karliegh whined to me as we sat in the living room of our home watching Rise of the Guardians.

"I'm not sure," I murmured as I replied to Delilah's message.

Ever since our second date the other night, we've been texting non-stop. She's a great girl and I'm enjoying getting to know her. Hopefully this'll go further soon.

"Well then ask her!" She huffed.

"Karliegh, Belle's really busy with school and her dancing so I don't think she's gonna have the time to come over," I told her.

"Marabelle dances?!" She asked wide-eyed. "Does she do ballet?"

"Yeah, she's a ballerina," I nodded.

She gasped. "I have to go tell mommy! Then she'll like Marabelle more than she already does!"

Before I could say another word, my sister had sprinted out of the living room to go find our mother and tell her about this new revelation.

In my hand, my phoned chimed with a new message from Delilah.

Delilah✽: Perhaps we can invite Mallory, Scott and Marabelle as well? Xx

Me: Yeah, that sounds great :) X

There's a music festival coming up soon and Delilah and I are both keen to go. It'll be fun to go with Scott, Mal and Marabelle as well.

"Freddie! Mommy says that you have to invite Marabelle over for a tea party!" Karliegh's voice shrilled as she walked back into the living room with our mother.

"It would be lovely to have Marabelle over again," Mom chirped. "You all had such a fabulous time the last time."

"Nooo, she and Karliegh had a fabulous time. Not me," I deadpanned as my fingers swiped over my keyboard in reply to another one of Delilah's messages.

"Don't lie. You did have fun," Karliegh scoffed as if I was downright lying to her.

"Not in this universe," I muttered.

"Frederick," My mom said in her warning voice. I groaned. I despise my full name.

"Mom." I looked up into her green eyes that held authority in them.

"Give me Marabelle's number and I'll invite her over," She said.

"Since you don't seem to want to," Karliegh muttered bitterly.

"Its not that I don't want to," I told her. "Its just that Belle is really busy. College is rough and she spends a lot of time at her dance studio."

"Even more reason for me to have a conversation with her," Mom said. "Her number, now."

My mom was a dancer back in the day and now she runs her own ballet studio so I see why she'd be interested in talking to Marabelle.

"Fiiine," I groaned as I quickly texted Marabelle's number through to her.

"Thank you, sweetie," She said and then kissed my forehead before walking out of the room.

"Freddie, come on! Mr Snuggles and Mrs Wiggles are waiting for us!" Karliegh said to me as she tried to pull me out off the couch.

"Karliegh," I groaned, "I'm not having a tea party with you."

"Yes you are," She huffed.

"Karliegh."