Chapter 0.39

December 31st 2018

|| Marabelle ||

"Belle! If we don't leave now we're gonna be late!" I heard Freddie call to me from the living room.

"Okay! Just a second!" I called back as I finished applying my mascara and then closed the tube.

"And ten minutes later he's still waiting!"

"Okay, calm down! I'm nearly done!" After I had quickly applied my lipstick, I threw my mini make up kit into my purse and then headed into the lounge. "You're so impatient you know?" I said to him with a laugh.

"Well you were the other who promised to be done what, twenty minutes ago?" He said with a teasing smile as he placed his hands on my waist and pulled me towards him and then kissed me.

"Freddie!" I giggled. "You're gonna mess up my lipstick then I'm gonna have to redo it then we're really gonna be late."

"Ah, we can't have that happening. Mal will have our asses," He laughed.

Tonight's New Years Eve party was going to be held at Mal and Scott's brand new apartment that they moved into just two weeks ago.

A lot has happened in the last two months. Mine and Freddie's relationship has become stronger than ever and so has Mallory and Scott's. The two decided that they were ready to move in together a few weeks after their year anniversary. That resulted in Freddie and I deciding to move in together despite only being together for just six months.

When we had arrived at Mal's new place, just two blocks away from Freddie and I, we were the first to arrive but still late in my best friend's eyes.

"You look totally bomb af," Mal said to me as she hugged me. "But that's no excuse for being late."

"Blame it on Freddie," I laughed, pointing to my boyfriend.

"What? How is it my fault?" He questioned. "You're the one who took forever with your unnecessary makeup."

"Excuses, excuses," I teased and then stuck my tongue out at him before going into the kitchen to help Mal.

"You and Freddie make my heart smile," My best friend said with a smile as we sorted out platters for tonights party.

"Bub," I grinned at her. "How are you enjoying basically married life?"

"What do you mean basically married?" She asked with a laugh. "We're far from that."

"You and Scott practically are a married couple," I laughed.

"I could say the same about you and Freddie," She winked.

I grinned at her because I had nothing to say to her statement.

Once the party was in full swing, I scoured the apartment to find Freddie. Eventually I found him outside on the balcony with Bradley and Kira.

"Hey," I smiled at him as I wrapped one of my arms around his back and then greeted Bradley and Kira.

"Marabelle, I'm so glad you're here!" Kira said. "Please tell these boys that The Fault In Our Stars is a totally cry-worthy movie."

"They both have cancer! That's already enough to make anyone cry," I said.

"And then Augustus dies in the end! Talk about a tear jerker!" Kira added in.

The movie may have come out like, four years ago but it still tugs at my heartstrings every time I watch it.

Freddie looked at Bradley and then laughed. "Women, huh?"