Chapter 0.18

May 2018

|| Marabelle ||

The amazing smell of male axe deodorant and fabric softener infumed me as I groggily opened my eyes.

The first thing I noticed was that I was most definitely not in my own room and my head was not resting on my pillow like it usually would. A few moments later all of last night came back to me. Delilah and Nate, going after Freddie, falling asleep with him. All of it.

Very carefully I managed to get out of Freddie's hold and out of bed. On Freddie's dresser I saw my Fendi overnight bag along with a note attached to it from my dear best friend.

Nugget,
Freddie's mom phoned Scott and told her you were over. Not sure what happened tho -she just said he was upset and you were comforting him. So I figured you'd stay the night and as your clever bff I thought you might need clothes, shampoo and make up. Call me later and elab on what happened?
Luh you boo boo xx

Ah bless Mallory's heart.

Next to the bag were two towels as well as floral fragranted soap put there by Laura. Ah, the people in my life are so considerate.

After taking my bag as well as the soap and towels, I quietly padded into the bathroom to take a quick shower. As I stood under the hot water, I couldn't help but think about the traitor Delilah. I'm still struggling to understand why she'd kiss Nate. I mean, Nate Fullman of all people? Like, he's a nice dude and all but honestly, I'd rather make out with a wall. And like, she and Freddie have been together since December and its like, the middle of May now. That's like, an eternity. Shame on her.

Freddie's just such a great human and doesn't deserve to be hurt like that. Why is it that all the important guys in my life always choose the girl that's gonna hurt them? Gosh, its so unfair.

And then I had to come to terms with the fact that even thought I was as pissed as hell with Delilah, I couldn't allow that to affect our dancing. I've made a commitment to Mallory, Stacy and Karla and I can't just bail on that because I currently strongly dislike Delilah.

Sighing at the decisions pending, I switched the water off and then dried myself before getting dressed into the black leggings, white tank top and red flannel that Mal had packed in for me before slipping on the socks and vans before walking out the bathroom.

Freddie was still asleep so I chose to use that time to do my hair and make up. I don't usually go all out with my appearance routine. Just a decent brush and some casual make up.

"You're still here," I suddenly heard Freddie say in the sexiest morning voice I'd ever heard in my whole life.

"Of course I am," I said as I quickly finished with my foundation and then put the sponge down. "I wouldn't just leave like that."

He climbed out of bed and then came over to me and wrapped his arms around me. "Thank you. I'm lucky to have you around."

"Feelings mutual," I said with a small smile.

While Freddie took a shower, I continued to finish with my make up and then brush my hair before Karliegh walked into the room.

"Marabelle! Mommy told me you were here!" She said as she wrapped her arms around my waist. "I really need to talk to you."

"What's up?" I asked her. "Is everything okay?"

"In my room," She said before pulling me out the room and across the hall into her pink themed room. "So much has happened lately," She sighed as we sat down at the tea table in the middle of the room and began to pour cups of tea.