Chapter 0.19

May 2018

|| Marabelle ||

The sound of Derek Luh's rapping filled my brother's car as he drove down the streets of Boston to Olive Garden where we'd be having lunch.

Of course after the whole Freddie and Delilah thing, I told Mallory everything starting from me actually liking Freddie to the whole walking in on Delilah and Nate thing. Then I told Evan. But that was only because he coincidentally phoned me after I told Mal and then I ended up telling him everything because he could tell that I wasn't okay. And in his typical older brother fashion, he drove down to Princeton to see me.

"I can't believe that this is the kind of music you listen to," Evan said to me with a frown.

"Hey, he's good!" I defended.

"Nooo, Pink Floyd is good, Boyz II Men is good, the Backstreet Boys are good," He said. "This is trash."

"The Backstreet Boys are great," I corrected. "And quite honestly, you just don't have an appreciation for good music."

"Yeah, keep talking," He scoffed.

"I'm gonna drown you and then tell momma that it was your own fault," I threatened.

"Like she'll believe you," He snorted.

"She will. I'm her favourite after all," I smirked.

"Sure, baby sis. Whatever helps you sleep at night," He laughed.

When we had gotten to Olive Garden, we were quickly seated by a waitress that eyed my big brother just a little too much for my liking before being given menus and then a few minutes to decide.

"So have you spoken to this girl that cheated on your friend?" Ev asked me.

"No," I shook my head. "Its only been three days, Ev. My inner bitch still needs time to calm down."

"So tell me again why you're so upset that they broke up? I mean, if I were you I'd be jumping for joy," He said as he scanned the drinks menu.

"Them breaking up isn't the point," I groaned. "Like yeah, I'm lowkey happy about it but at the same time, he's my friend and she really hurt him which really pisses me off."

"You seriously care for this guy, don't you," He said.

"Yeah," I mumbled as the waitress came back.

"Can I take your drinks orders?" She asked us, batting her fake eyelashes at Evan.

"Sure," He smiled at her. "I'll have a gin and tonic."

"Yeah um, I'll take a dry white wine," I told her.

"You're not even twenty one yet," Evan frowned at me and then turned to the waitress. "She'll have a peach iced-tea."

I rolled my eyes at my older brother. "You're boring."

"Okay then. I'll be right back," The waitress said before walking away.

"You seem to always forget that it doesn't take a lot to get your drunk," Evan said with a snicker.

"One glass of wine won't kill me, Ev," I said, rolling my eyes again.

"Rather safe than sorry," He shrugged.

"Loser," I muttered.

After our drinks had been brought and we had ordered our food, Evan began grilling me about Freddie again.

"So what's this guy studying?" He asked me.

"Business accounting," I told him.

"Have any siblings?"