Chapter 0.24

June 2018

|| Marabelle ||

"Marabelle!"

"Happy birthday, Karls!" I squealed as I pulled the smiley now eleven-year-old into a tight hug.

"Thanks," She grinned at me. "I'm so glad you came."

"I told you I wouldn't miss it," I said with a smile as we walked into the living room.

"Hey, Belle," Freddie grinned at me as he pulled me into a hug and then kissed my cheek as he usually did.

"Hey," I said, wishing that I could press my lips against his and feel the sparks I always did when we kissed. But I couldn't purely because we haven't told Karliegh -or anyone really for that matter.

Even though its been seven days since we made us official, Freddie and I decided to keep it under wraps until after Karliegh's birthday because we wanted her birth week to be all about her. The only people who know are Scott and Mallory.

"I think you're really gonna like your gift," I told Karliegh as I handed her the wrapped box with a pretty pink bow.

I couldn't help but be excited as she carefully unwrapped the bow and then the wrapping paper over the box. It took me nearly two months to source out the gift and have it specially monogrammed for her.

"Oh my freaking gosh!" Karliegh shrieked loudly and excitedly. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Marabelle you didn't! How even?! Ahhh, oh my gosh!"

Karliegh's shrieks were so loud and almost deafening that Laura came rushing into the living room to see what all the fuss was about.

"Karliegh Madison Rivers, what on earth are you screaming about?!"

"Mommy, look!" Karliegh held up the pair of fuschia pink pointe shoes complete with the cursive KMR letters on each left side. "Aren't they amazing! They're exactly like the ones Kristin wore on Barbie and the Pink shoes!"

"Wow, those really are something," Laura chuckled.

They're incredible! I can't wait to break into them!" She squealed excitedly and then ran out the living room and then presumably upstairs.

"I don't think I've ever seen her so excited about a pair of pointe shoes before," Laura said to me with a chuckle.

"When I saw them I knew they'd be perfect for her," I grinned.

"Knowing Karliegh, she'll never take them off," She laughed. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some last minute preparations to see to," She excused herself but not before adding in, "oh, and try not to make-out in front of the children, will you? This is a child friendly environment."

I turned to Freddie. "Did you -"

"I didn't," He shook his head.

"Then how the fuck -"

"Mothers intuition I guess," He shrugged and he was probably right because just the other night when I was talking to my mom she questioned constantly if I was seeing someone because of my tone of voice or something? Creepy.

"Prolly," I agreed.

"Now let me greet you properly before we have hordes of fifth graders running around," He grinned before pulling me closer and pressing his lips against mine.

*

"So when are y'all gonna tell your folks?" Mallory asked me as she and I jumped inside the bouncy house at Karliegh's carnival themed birthday party.

"I'll prolly tell mine Sunday night when we do fam facetime sesh," I told her. "I'm not sure when Freddie wants to tell his dad cause Laura already knows."

"I'm just glad y'all are together. It was about time," She winked at me.

"Shut up," I laughed as I double bounced her.

"Are you two actually going to stop acting like children and come off anytime soon?" We heard Scott ask us.

Mal and I looked at each other and then grinned before saying, "naaah."

"Thought so," He chuckled as he took his shoes off and then climbed into the house. "Have I ever told you how good you look in yellow?" He asked Mal as he pulled her closer to him.

"Well you have but I wouldn't mind hearing you say it again," She said with a giggle.

"And that's my cue to leave," I said as I started to make my way off the bouncy house. "Y'all remember that this is a kids party, okay? No fornicating and all that nonsense."

Looking around the garden at the screaming kids running around, I tried to spot Freddie but was interrupted by Karliegh with a blonde boy by her side.

"Marabelle, there you are!" She beamed at me.

"Hey, Karls. Having fun?" I asked her with a smile.

"Yup," She nodded. "But I uh, actually wanted to introduce you to my friend Elias."

I looked at the blonde boy that was grinning at me and then at Karliegh and then back at him before saying, "its really nice to meet you, Elias. I'm Marabelle."

There was no doubt in my mind that puberty wasn't going to have to work very hard in Elias' case because at just eleven years old the kid was already a looker. With a sharp jawline, high cheekbones and icy blue eyes, it was no wonder that Karliegh has the hots for the kid.

"Pleased to meet you too," He said politely but clearly had an accent. "Karliegh has told me lots about you."

"I can say the same," I said, trying not to grin like a Cheshire cat.

"Ohhkay then," Karliegh laughed. "Elias, how's about we go to the putt-putt course?"

"Sure. Whatever you want, sweetheart," He smiled at her before they excused themselves from my presence then heading off.

Oh my god. He calls her sweetheart? That's so fucking cute. Omg I ship it so hard.

Going inside the house, I found Freddie perched on the counter in the kitchen.

"Hiding from your sisters birthday party isn't cool," I teased him as I pushed myself up onto the counter so that I was sitting next to him.

"Have you even met Karliegh's friends? Its like a hurricane of pre-teen girls all in love with me and I'm right in the eye of that hurricane," He shuddered.

"Ugh, it must be so tiring being so irresistible to even pre-teen girls," I giggled.

"The only person I feel the need to be irresistible to," He said and then gently pressed his lips to mine, "is you."

"Well it seems to be working because you are pretty irresistible," I mumbled against his lips.

"Right, before you two contaminate my counter, can you do me a favour and come sing happy birthday to Karliegh?" We heard Laura asked with a laugh, causing us to pull away.

"Oh um, yeah sure," I said quickly while Freddie cleared his throat as we hopped off the counter.

"Marabelle, can you help me with the plates?" She asked me while Freddie went outside.

"Of course," I nodded.

"You do know that Freddie's useless at keeping secrets, right?" She laughed. "I found out about you two on the day you got together. He's awful at hiding things."

"We just wanted Karliegh's birth week to pass before we said anything to y'all," I explained.

"Remember when I told you that all good things come to those who wait?"

"Yeah," I nodded with a small smile.

"Hate to brag, but I'm always right," She smirked.

I laughed. "Yeah, that's true."

"I'm glad you and Freddie are together. You're good for him, Marabelle. And I know he'll be good for you too."

"He really is," I said with a smile.

"Come on, dear. You wouldn't want to keep your future sister-in-law waiting, now would you?" She winked before going outside with a stack of plates, leaving me to carry what was left.

"True though," I mumbled to myself with a small laugh before going outside and joining along to the chorus of happy birthday to Karliegh.  

***

Guys, am I the only one literally dying because of school at the moment? I literally feel like Im going to die. But obvs bc I love you guys so much I forked out time to write this chapter for you guys ;)

What do you guys think about Karliegh and Elias? Lowkey considering writing a sequel to this book but about Karliegh and Elias. What do you guys think?

QOTD: What grade are you guys in?

AOTD: 12th :'(