Chapter 0.4

November 2017

|| Marabelle ||

"My head hurts," I groaned to Mallory the next morning as I pulled myself onto the kitchen island and then lay down on it.

"Then you shouldn't have drunk so much," She laughed as she made me some coffee. The only reason she's not hungover is because she spent the night making out with Scott and not drinking.

"Shut upppp," I whined.

"Freddie and Scott are gonna be over in a bit with a nice greasy breakfast just fo' you," She told me, kissing my head and pinching my cheeks.

"Thank god," I sighed.

"So Freddie brought you home last night?" She asked me as she propped herself up on the island as well.

"Hmm," I hummed.

"Please tell me you weren't drunk enough to undress in front of him. You have a habit of doing that," She laughed.

I groaned as I remembered how I didn't give a damn as I paraded around my room in my cute pink undies while Freddie was there. Okay well not parading but walking all the way to my dresser.

"Omg you did!" She squealed.

"Shut up!" I hissed. "My head is sore!"

"Oops, sorry," She giggled.

Twenty minutes later Scott and Freddie had arrived.

"Marabelle, why are you lying on the counter?" Scott asked me with a laugh.

"Its an island," I corrected. "And I feel like my head's about to explode."

"Well don't worry about it. We've got your back," Freddie said. "Pancakes, waffles and bacon and coke as well."

"Y'all gonna be blessed," I mumbled as I struggled to sit up.

After making our way to the living room, Mallory dished up for all of us while I downed a bottle of coke.

"Hey, Mara?" Scott said to me while we were eating breakfast.

"Hmm?" I mumbled through a mouth full of waffle.

"The three of us wanna head down to the beach. You keen to come with?" He asked.

"No," I groaned. "I'm gonna sleep."

"Aw, come on, nugget. You've even got that cute new bikini you've been wanting to wear for ages now," Mallory said to me.

"That bikini is cute..." I mumbled.

"And its gonna bring alllll the boys to the yard," She persuaded.

"Ugh, fine," I agreed.

After we had finished off breakfast I was forced to take the worlds shortest shower by Mallory and then I changed into the cute baby blue strappy bikini and a pair of shorts and tank top before packing all the essentials into my beach bag.

"Marabelle! Let's go!" Mal screeched from the living room.

"She needs to calm down," I mumbled as I quickly threw my portable charger, sunglasses and sunscreen into my bag and then slipped on my shoes and grabbed my phone before going back to the living room.

"You take for-ever!" Mal sighed as the four of us exited the apartment.

"I'm tired and about to die. Shut up," I groaned.

The drive to the beach in Scott's SUV was spent with me and Mal jamming out to our car ride playlist.

"Last night took an L, but tonight I bounce back
Wake up every morning, by the night I count stacks
Knew that ass was real when I hit it, it bounce back
You aint getting checks
Last night took an L, but tonight I bounce back
Boy, I been broke as hell, cashed a check and bounced back
D town LAX, every week I bounce back
If you a real one, then you know how to bounce back."