Chapter 0.34

October 2018

|| Marabelle ||

A month later I found myself slowing down my fast paced schedule to spend the day with Karliegh. In between classes, dancing, interning at Evergreen and Partners design firm and still making time for a very minimalistic social life, I haven't been able to spend that much time with Karliegh.

It was Saturday afternoon and I had planned to take her out for fro-yo so that we could talk and catch up.

"How's Elias doing?" I asked her as we sat under a large umbrella outside Marcel's Frozen Yogurt shop snacking on our delicious frozen yogurt.

"He's doing well," She said with a small smile and blazing cheeks. "It was his birthday the other week. A lot of the kids in our class have stopped being idiots towards him and we all went out bowling and stuff and I'm not so great at bowling but he let me win anyways..."

My heart warmed at the sound of that. If they were older and actually dating I would consider them the perfect couple.

"And your plan to date when you're older? Is that still on?" I asked her.

"Yeah," She nodded. "I usually wish that we already were older because its really nice when we hold hands and sometimes he kisses me cause he says he just can't help himself and like..."

"Oh my god, Karls!" I squealed. "If things keep going at the rate that they are, the wait is so going to be worth it."

"I hope so," She said while struggling to contain her grin. "Hey, what about you and Freddie? You guys have been together for like forever now. Do you still get the feels for him even though you guys are dating?"

"I wouldn't say we've been together forever, Karls," I giggled. Its only been like four months. "But yeah, I totally still get the feels. Because sometimes I still can't believe that we're together and then when it really does hit me, I can't help but smile about it."

"I think you two are gonna be together forever," She said assertively.

"Oh yeah?"

"Oh yeah," She nodded. "You guys are gonna get married and have tons of kids and live happily ever after."

"Woah, I think it'll be a while before that happens," I laughed.

"Or you could have kids before you get married," She said. "Lots of people do it apparently."

"And who told you that?"

"Cosmopolitan magazine," She shrugged.

"Karliegh Rivers, you are much too young to be reading Cosmo!" I scolded through a laugh.

"What? It taught me everything I need to know about kissing," She said innocently. I couldn't help but laugh a little. Young girls reading Cosmo magazine is never a good thing.

"Anyways, about this whole you and Freddie having babies thing," She said, "I think you guys should do it soon because I think it would be pretty cool if you guys had one."

"Why do you say that?" I questioned.

"Well we're basically family already but if you guys had a baby then we'd seriously be family and that would be awesome," She grinned.

I smiled back at her and then said, "Karls, Freddie and I are still young. We still have plenty of time to have babies if that's what the future holds for us."

I won't lie: I'm nowhere near broody at the moment. Marriage and babies aren't even remotely on my mind. I'm only twenty one and Freddie's just recently turned twenty two. Ain't nobody got time to be thinking about babies and stuff.