chapter nine

Ohmygod this book is nearing 1k rEADS I'm freaking if it hits 1k by the time I've published this I'm gonna freak

But daehwi's photo in first look tho

EDIT: hOLY SHIT IT'S 1K NOW OHMYGOD

I'm actually planning on making a 1k special but we'll talk about that in the end of this chapter y'all but shIT I'M FREAKING

❤~❤

"Seriously, Seonho?!" Daehwi shrieked as soon as he saw the chat logs between Seonho and Jinyoung. Seonho chewed on his pineapple bits, blinking, and unfazed by Daehwi's very angry face. "What?" he asked.

"I do not have a crush on Jinyoung, and here you are proclaiming that I do directly to him!"

"You say you don't like him but your expression says otherwise."

Daehwi scoffed. "Will you stop it?!" he exclaimed. Dongmyeong put a hand on Daehwi's shoulder. "Let it go, Daehwi. He's just trying to get to you," said Dongmyeong. Daehwi sighed and just buried his head into his arms. While he and Jinyoung's conversation ended turns out his and Seonho's conversation started right after. He wanted to scream. Seonho literally talked to Jinyoung about Daehwi like Daehwi felt something for him, and Daehwi just hated thinking of those possibilities that maybe he does!

He glanced at Guanlin who was eating Donghyun's failed octopus sausages right beside him. Earlier Guanlin saw the beauty that was Daehwi's lunch box and asked for a bite. Somehow that bite evolved into him practically devouring the whole lunch box. He doesn't know if Guanlin was originally like that (eating like he was starved for days) or if he just got affected by hanging out with Seonho, but chicks will be chicks. (Not literal chicks though, Daehwi means chicks like Guanlin and Seonho who love food more than god and are really, really precious).

He sighed and looked at his messenger. The last thing Jinyoung told him was "thanks daehwi" and now he was offline. Admittedly, he did want to talk to him more. It was fun. "Donghyun hyung is really a good cook," Guanlin suddenly blurted out while chewing on the octopus sausages. "Don't talk when your mouth is full, Guanlin." Seonho put a finger to Guanlin's mouth.

"But you do that all the time, Seonho," complained Dongmyeong. "Well Guanlin can't because then people will find him unattractive!" exclaimed Seonho.

Daehwi grabbed his lunch box back from Guanlin (he just wanted to finish the thing himself) and shoved a rice roll in his mouth. He glanced at Jinyoung's empty seat and bit his lip. Even though he was with his friends, he still felt lonely. He hadn't even known him for long but it already felt incomplete without Jinyoung.

He felt his phone buzz and he quickly grabbed it, wondering if it was another message from Jinyoung. But it was one from Donghyun. Daehwi scowled, just what did he want now?

Donghyun: hey. do me a favor.

Daehwi: where the heck are u right now

Donghyun: I'm with my study group! But, like, I need u to do something for me.

Daehwi: what

Donghyun: you need to tell Dongmyeong to tell gunhee to pay me back what he owes nOW

Daehwi: why

Donghyun: loan fees. book payments. tuition and other fees. everywhere. college nightmares.

Daehwi: u can ask mom for money, you know

Donghyun: no!

He sighed and looked at Dongmyeong. Looks like he'll really have to do this. "Hey, Dongmyeong," he said. Dongmyeong glanced at Daehwi then continued writing his English notes on his notebook (the ones Daehwi had to lend him because he was too lazy to copy the notes yesterday; how annoying). "What?" he asked.