chapter forty seven

i dunno what to say but [mark voice] lezzgetit. let's start the final chapter now!!

❤~❤

ONE YEAR LATER...

"So you're turning 20, but you want to have a pizza party with all your friends?" Dongmyeong asked. Somi nodded, not ashamed of what she wants. "Why? Seems childish? Well, everyone loves pizza, so don't worry." she smiled.

Dongmyeong questions his girlfriend's sanity sometimes. Actually he's always done this ever since they first met, so he shouldn't really be surprised, but it's her 20th birthday. Normally someone would wanna do something bigger than a pizza party. Heck, even for Evelyn's birthday she was dressed in a gown and shared a few dances, it was like a debut. While Somi wanted to do a PIZZA PARTY. Not that it was a bad idea (Guanlin and Seonho obviously love the idea already) but it should be bigger than that. "What's next? You're going to bring a piñata into the mix?" Dongmyeong said sarcastically.

It's been a year since he and Somi started dating, and things went more smoothly than Dongmyeong expected. It was awkward at first but they quickly adjusted to the new atmosphere and were like actual boyfriend and girlfriends. People often looked at the two of them with envy when they go out, so Dongmyeong felt proud. They were a power couple! His brothers couldn't believe the news.

Gunhee's reaction: What?! You are dating Somi, the pretty girl you've lived since you were 11?! You're kidding me. It's not even April Fools anymore.

Hwanwoong's reaction: So.. you're not gay and you're not dating the handsome exchange student? ... I'M DISAPPOINTED IN YOU! I HAVE NO BROTHER!

Gunmin's reaction: Oh, Somi must have lost her mind these days. What's that? Hey, why are you holding my shovel? Don't you dare hit me.

Jaewoo's reaction: Perfecto! I knew you'd persevere! Ignore the rest of them. I'm proud of you, my man!

Most of their reactions were extra, but what mattered is that Dongmyeong got what he wanted and there was nothing they could do about it (when will they get girlfriends anyway? His brothers aren't getting any younger).

When they went on their first date (which was to the amusement park) poor Dongmyeong was being stalked by his 3 brothers (excluding the only good one which was Jaewoo of course). He could sense their presence,sticking on his back like an annoying itch. They just want Dongmyeong to fail so badly! Bitter guys. But throughout the date, Somi held his hand and took selfies with him, so they could stay bitter anyway.

After the amusement park date ended, Dongmyeong walked Somi to her house, and though his brothers were still stalking him (Dongmyeong notes that they were all wearing really long trench coats and had those glasses-with-mustache things like they do in movies. It was ridiculous) the best thing ever happened to Dongmyeong. Somi kissed him. And it wasn't just a peck on the cheek or anything, it was on the lips! Dongmyeong still remembers it like it was yesterday. They were walking on an empty street (that is, if you didn't notice Dongmyeong's nosey brothers) and then Somi suddenly tiptoed and gave Dongmyeong a sweet touch on the lips with her own. From that day, Dongmyeong was enlightened. That might not have been Somi's first kiss but Dongmyeong would make sure he'd be her last!

When he came home his brothers asked him when he became such a man. The answer is simple! ..actually Dongmyeong doesn't know himself. He just happened to get a girlfriend, that's all. That day he didn't respond to them and walked up the stairs dreamily to his room. He didn't get any sleep that night.

And now they were here, having warmed up to each other and their kisses. And Dongmyeong was still very much adamant about Somi wishing for a pizza party. "Why not? A piñata sounds fun." Somi sat down in front of her mirror and started applying lipstick. Somi's birthday was just a few days away so Dongmyeong had time to convince her to change the theme.