chapter twenty three

damn it i wanna write a fanfic about yukhei. but it's sinful to think about writing other fanfics while writing an ongoing one HAHAHA

❤~❤

Daehwi yawned and opened his eyes, smiling as he saw birds gathering outside his window. "Good morning birds!" he greeted. They were all standing on top of some branch on a tree just outside Daehwi's window. Daehwi opened his window, waving goodbye to the birds who were now flying away thanks to him opening it.

"And good morning Korea!" he smiled, waving at everyone passing by just outside his window. They looked at Daehwi like he was crazy but he didn't mind. He had a feeling today would go really well!

Daehwi took a look in his mirror and sighed of relief because for once he woke up and his hair wasn't looking like a bird's nest. Almost every morning his hair looks tragic and he doesn't even know why, but today it looked much cleaner than usual.

He took his phone and checked the time. It was currently 7:45 AM on a Tuesday morning. And Daehwi has to go to school soon. Classes started 8:00 AM and Daehwi now remembers he has a history quiz today. Luckily, he studied last night. But what isn't lucky is THAT DAEHWI IS LATE!

"7:45?!" Daehwi screamed, grabbing his hair in panic. "WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MY ALARM?!"

Quickly, he dashed out of his bedroom and into the dining room to atleast get a few bites of his breakfast, only to find no trace of his brother anywhere near the kitchen or the dining room! "What the- Donghyun hyung!" he shrieked, running to his brother's room. Recently Donghyun gave away all their extra meringue to charity (which was kind of him) so there wasn't any meringue left anymore. So shouldn't he have been in the kitchen already a few hours ago?! From Daehwi's knowledge Donghyun usually gets up at 5:00 AM everyday so why isn't he in the kitchen doing his job?!

Opening the door to his brother's room, Daehwi took a deep breath. "WHY AREN'T YOU UP YET?!" he screamed. He opened his eyes to see Youngmin who was staring at Daehwi with wide eyes while putting a wet towel on Donghyun's forehead.

There laid Donghyun on the bed, eyes closed and sleeping peacefully, and then all of Daehwi's anger over being late disappeared, all replaced with worry about his stepbrother. "Y-Youngmin hyung! Why are you here? What happened to Donghyun hyung?" he asked worriedly.

Youngmin sighed and shook his head. "Daehwi, your brother is fatigued. Didn't you know? He's been working non stop these days," he said.

"... fatigued? But why?" Daehwi asked. Youngmin stood up and gave Daehwi a flick on the forehead. "Yah, I should be the one asking you that! Why are you making your older brother work when he has a broken arm?" he scolded him.

Daehwi pouted and covered his forehead with his palm. "Hey, I'm sorry! I mean, I just thought he could handle it since he's a tough guy..," he muttered. "Aigoo. You know, Donghyun cares about you too much to think about the well being of himself and you just love to take advantage of that!" he said.

They really were more alike than Daehwi thought they were. Now Daehwi felt bad. He was so preoccupied in his problems to even think about Donghyun and his condition..

Youngmin looked at his watch and gave Daehwi a pat on the back. "Alright, fine, I forgive you. You're late for school anyway. But after he gets better after this you have to promise me to take care of your brother more, alright?" he asked. Daehwi nodded, pursing his lips. "Um, yes, brother-in-law-"

"Please don't go there."

"Alright, sorry." Daehwi grinned sheepishly. Looks like he'll be having a morning without.. his meringue breakfast. Now that's a first! He gave Youngmin one last salute before nodding. "I'm just gonna go take a bath real quick. And though school is near, you wouldn't mind driving me, would you? I'm really late!"