chapter seventeen

yeah I know I'm only seventeen and only got a few dollars hajiman didhdidbfdje it'd be no prOBLEM. jesosjwoajsaos I'm that diAMOND

Samuel I covered ur Vernon hyung's rap line r u proud of me now

❤~❤

"After tomorrow, we should go to the beach," Seonho offered. It's been years since Daehwi last went to the beach. He was only 7 and Donghyun was 10 when their mother brought them to the beach after a long and exhausting week. And that was the last time he ever went, after that, he never went near beaches ever again. There was no particular reason, he just doesn't have time anymore.

Currently he and Seonho were hanging inside Dongmyeong's tent. While Dongmyeong and Guanlin went out to have ant battles (Seonho was too tired to come along), Bae Jinyoung was also outside still being teased by Justin for the whole cabin scare. And that all led to Seonho wanting to go to the beach. "Is there even a beach around here? You think teacher Dongho would let us?" Daehwi asked.

"I saw it outside, just outside the camping site, is a nearby resort near the beach. It looked nice, so I wanted to go there. No biggie." Seonho shrugged. "I asked teacher Dongho about it and he said it was actually a good idea, and that we'll go after tomorrow."

"What?! He agreed so easily?!" Daehwi exclaimed. Seonho grinned. "What can I say? I just have charms, Daehwi." he winked. Daehwi rolled his eyes at the boy.

"Whatever you say, Seonho. You and your 'charms.'" Daehwi put air quotations on the "charms." Though he didn't really believe that for a second in actuality.

He peeked outside the tent to see Dongmyeong and Guanlin crouching down together with their sticks, having ant battles once again. Daehwi doesn't even know why it suddenly became a thing with his friends all over again when the last time they did it was 6th grade. He sighed. Kids will be kids, and his friends are all still children mentally anyway.

Daehwi watched as Guanlin screamed while Dongmyeong jumped up in happiness. It seemed like Guanlin's ant lost. He turned back to Seonho who was now lying down, his eyes closed. "Hey, Seonho," he called the boy. Seonho slightly opened his eyes, glancing at Daehwi. "What?"

"What really happened between you and Guanlin?" Daehwi asked. Now he's sure Seonho will actually answer him. Seonho can tell him things easily when it's just the 2 of them anyway, Daehwi knows that. Seonho groaned and rolled around on the ground, now lying on his stomach. "C'mon! It's just the 2 of us here. You can tell me, I won't tell anyone else. When have I ever told anyone else your secrets?"

"You told Dongmyeong that I was the one who stole his expensive toy plane when I told you to keep it a secret that one time. He didn't talk to me for 2 hours. Those were the most heartbreaking 2 hours of my life, I never felt more betrayed."

"Hey! I was 14, Seonho!"

Seonho rolled his eyes and got up, pushing his fringe off of his forehead. "Anyway, Guanlin isn't acting like himself!" Seonho scoffed. Daehwi mockingly rolled his eyes right back at the boy. "What do you mean? When is Guanlin not himself, Seonho?" he asked.

"I mean, when we were on the bus, he suddenly started asking me 'Seonho, why do you like Minhyun so much?' So naturally I answered his question! I told him 'Because he's handsome, and he's perfect, and he's everything' stuff like that. And then he got annoyed! He told me 'but that's not a reason to be so obsessed!' Like, is he mental?!"

"And then what happened?"

"And then I asked him 'What's a good reason to be obsessed then?! You tell me!' And he was like 'Well.. if you like that person for himself solely and not just his looks!' And I didn't understand so I ignored him and his nonsense. And, guess what happened?"