chapter twenty one

I'm so conflicted is there a dash in 21 like twenty-one or is it fine to just write it like that in the title help

❤~❤

It was yet again another Monday morning in Daehwi's school and Jinyoung was absent. "I asked his fangirls and they said it was because he had to film for Running Man today. Lucky Jinyoung," Seonho explained when Daehwi asked about his absence.

He stared at Jinyoung's empty seat once again and gulped. He doesn't know how to phrase his response once he sees Jinyoung for real. Even though he does like him, he's still worried about the after-effect..

"There's something I haven't told you guys," Daehwi spoke up, wondering if maybe he should ask his other friends for advice this time (even though they'd probably say the same thing as Somi..). Guanlin looked up from the manhwa he was reading while Seonho remained scrolling down his phone with Dongmyeong leaning on his shoulder. It was good that Guanlin was listening but Daehwi felt ticked off with Seonho and Dongmyeong. "Hey! Seonho, Dongmyeong, pay attention!" he said.

"Yah, we tired ourselves out taking care of you yesterday when you were sick! Whatever you have to say, just tell it to Guanlin," Dongmyeong said. "But it's really urgent! About.. about Bae Jinyoung!" Daehwi whined.

"Oh, about your undying love for the guy? We get it, Daehwi, you and Baejin are in love and we're all destined to be forever alone because no couple can get as sweet as you 2!" Seonho spat. Guanlin looked at him. "We can get as sweet as Daehwi and Jinyoung though," he said with a poker face.

Seonho heated up and shoved Dongmyeong who was leaning on his shoulder away and threw a pencil at Guanlin. "Stop joking around! It's not funny anymore!" Seonho complained.

"But I'm not joking around! I'm serious!" Guanlin stated. Daehwi rolled his eyes and just sat back down. "I.. really don't want to say this out loud, okay? So all of you, come closer." he gestured for them to get closer so no one else would hear what he was about to say.

Unexpectedly, they all obeyed (Daehwi thought they'd ignore him again) and listened intently to Daehwi. "Jinyoung, that punk.. he confessed to me," he whispered. Seonho gasped and fell off his chair from the shock. Meanwhile Dongmyeong was just shrugging. "I figured that'd happen soon enough," Dongmyeong said. Guanlin had a ":O" face and was clapping. "Oh, it finally came! I thought he'd never do it!" Guanlin exclaimed.

"You guys seriously saw it coming?!" Daehwi shrieked.

"Yep, only you didn't, Daehwi," Dongmyeong said. Daehwi groaned and buried his face in his arms. "What am I gonna do.. I don't know if I should say yes or not.. help me?" he pouted.

"Depends. How do you feel about Jinyoung anyway?" Seonho asked, getting up. "Well.. I like him! Mm, I admit that, don't tease me!" Daehwi said, heating up.

"Then, if you like him, why don't you just tell him? What's stopping you?" Seonho snorted. "Nothing stopped you from hugging Jinyoung after he disappeared for a few days, but somehow telling Jinyoung that you like him too is difficult for you. Don't be like that, Daehwi!"

Daehwi pouted. But Seonho just doesn't understand what he's getting at. "That's not what I mean, Seonho, I-- think about this realistically, okay?" Daehwi exclaimed. "If we, Jinyoung and I, were to end up together, we wouldn't end up like fanfic characters all happy and jolly just because we got together! There's a lot more!"

"Lot more like what? Sasaeng fans? Judgmental netizens?"

"Exactly! You know what I mean!"

Dongmyeong sighed and face palmed at Daehwi's words. "Then why are you thinking about that kind of stuff, Daehwi? You know, I've never dated anybody, but from my greatest brother Jaewoo hyung, I've learned a really valuable lesson about dating."