chapter twenty

"Hey. What's wrong with him?" Samuel whispered, elbowing Jihoon and pointing to Jinyoung who was lying down on the couch, blank, and just staring at his phone while not moving a single muscle. Jihoon shrugged. "No idea. He's been like that since he got here. He hasn't opened his mouth even once!" he whispered back. "Also, will you hurry up and take Daniel's tent back? Because, I don't want him breaking into my dorm and throwing a fit over his stolen tent!"

"How do you know he'll do that? You're so judgmental of Daniel hyung, eo!" Samuel crossed his arms, disappointed at Jihoon's apparent judgmental self. "Aigoo. You really don't know his real personality, do you, Kim Samuel? You've been brainwashed. Badly! If you don't return it sooner enough we're all gonna get cooked here for Knock's dinner!" Jihoon exclaimed.

Jinyoung ignored the two friends arguing in the middle of the living room as he stared off into space. He just got back from his 4 day camping trip and ever since he confessed Daehwi's been avoiding him left and right. Was that really the right decision?

He looked at his phone and turned it on for the nth time today. It was already on Messenger, right inside his and Daehwi's chat log. But the problem was, Jinyoung wasn't sure what to do. Should he message him? But, from what he's heard from TV shows and fanfics, usually you're supposed to give someone space after confessing to them to let them think about what they really feel.. but space is too much! Jinyoung wants to talk to him!

"Aish.. but he doesn't want to talk to me!" he shrieked to himself, scratching his hair in frustration while kicking his legs on the couch. Jihoon and Samuel stared at him like he was crazy.

"... so it is true that going on field trips can make you so exhausted to the point you become crazy," said Samuel.

"Hey, he just went to some forest not a concentration camp!" Jihoon shot back. Jinyoung would've laughed at that if he wasn't feeling so gloomy. What if Daehwi is grossed out by me now? Ah, but that wouldn't be the case, he was never grossed out other times when I made a move on him. He thought. Then must he avoid me like this?! I feel miserable! This is unfair!

Sitting up straight, he turned on his cellphone once again, his screen showing their chat log on messenger. Jinyoung was determined this time. He'll definitely message Daehwi! Just a simple hi won't hurt! A simple hi after he.. just told Daehwi how much he loves him.. he could go all like "Hey Daehwi I know I told you about how much I'd like to spend my lifetime with you earlier but let's pretend that never happened and just talk."

.. why does that sound like a bad idea? Jinyoung shuddered and turned off his phone. When male leads in TV shows give the female lead time to think about their feelings, they get the girl, so Jinyoung will do precisely that (even though Daehwi technically isn't a girl)!

He flinched a little when both Jihoon and Samuel suddenly plopped on the couch next to him. "Oh, uh, hey, you two," he said awkwardly, just waving his hand. He was aware that they were there but he thought they'd leave him alone like they always do, seems like it isn't happening today though.

"Ok Jinyoung, what's the deal? You've been acting out of it all day!" Jihoon claimed. Samuel nodded in agreement beside him. "That's right!" he said in English. (A/N to those who have watched mischievous detectives starring hyungseob and seonho, I'm sure u get the "that's right" joke C; HAHA)