Chapter 22:His Regrets pt.2

Xentisia PoV

I sigh in disbelief, I really can't believe I'm doing this.

The waves from the sea were starting to get close by where we sat near the beach.

I then began relaying my tale to him.

" A long time ago I found that I came too in the desert as a very young child maybe around five or six years old as mortals say. With no clue who what to do except with a voice resounding in my head  telling me that I'm a deity, and that I should help shape this world. Unsure what to do I wandered on aimlessly until I was then drawn by a strange voice telling me to follow it, I did and there it lead me to some dusty ruins found in the desert,  by messing around there I became the deity that watches over the desert. And if I'm correct its similar to how you became a deity am I right?"

"Yeah.."

So I wasn't of mark, it may be a good assumption that these places were made by the creator of this world weren't far off.

"Well after that I spent my time in the desert alone for nine years during that time I learned everything on my own disguising as a child and learning things from travelers in the desert. this was my routine until I felt a number of people enter my territory, I checked and found nomadic humans looking for a place to settle, I helped them by guiding  them using the desert winds towards a certain place in the desert just like you, they built their own village and I was even happy to bring them rain for them to grow food."

I paused wryly and then gulped. Ughh I don't really want to talk about this part, but it seems he won't look down on me.

"Umm Xen.."

"Y-yeah...anyway to put it short I killed them..."

"What!! as in you with your hands?!"

"No! Rather it was because of me that they got killed."

He looks at me in seriousness and then nods.

"Well back then you could say that I grew attached to them, seeing that I spent nine years alone. When they properly set up a village I would help them from the shadows everyday, help them during dry season when water was scarce I gave them rain, moved sandstorms out of the village's path and even calm it for traders to enter the village, drove of monsters with my sandstorms and rain. And even watching over the children at times. Due to my presence people revered me as a protector of sorts and believed that I would protect them at all cost. At first I thought that it was a good thing for them to say that and continued doing the same routine for  six years until that day..."

I briefly paused and continued.

"That day was the day I realized my mistake, that day a huge army of bandits were fast approaching in the night, although I usually can hold them back their numbers were far too much for my sandstorms to handle which then led to the village being raided. I tried to stop them by creating sandstorms but it also made things even worse, in the end the village I watched over was destroyed, and it was all my fault.."

Sandalphonia looks like he wants to say something but seems to be hesitating but I reassured him.

"Wait...why do you say its your fault...unless..."

"Well let me stop you right there as I may know what you might say."

He flinches and then listens on.

"If you're not as slow as I thought then good for you as the reason why this still haunts me today is my actions towards them, though it is beneficial for them it will  cause them to regress as a society, making them very reliant on me for everything, that was my biggest mistake."