Chapter 53: Festival Merriment

Holia PoV

The shining light of my old toy's blessing filled the daylit sky, the spell and blessing given to those who call the forest their home. A brilliant sight to those in this world who have not seen fireworks. Heck it has been quite a while since I've seen them, maybe sixty years, in this world or so? Heh I stopped counting my age some time ago. I wander around the bustling people who were quite excited partying it out to the max , people of various races all living harmoniously under one ruler. Though that brat cheated, but I can't say the same thing 'bout me.

I wandered some more, hiding my divine presence as I did. I eventually reached the food square. One of the stands that caught my attention was one selling corn cobs. And in an instant I rush towards the stand where the delicious buttery scent of the roasted corn beckoned me.

"Excuse me mister how much or a cob?"

"Ah two coppers missy." The old man who is manning the stall says to me eagerly.

I mouthed a voiceless chant slyly and then took two coins from my pocket,I gave it to the man and he in turn gave me the corn. Man my domain it self is the very definition of cheat.

"Say missy I haven't seen your face around here, you from the city of the desert or the great plains?" He asks. Though its sort of the norm here in the city it is quite weird that some random old guy to ask where a sassy chick like me comes from. But seeing he is just a kindly old man. I decided there seems no harm.

"From the great plains good sir, I'm just a wandering dancer." I say while taking a bite out of the cob.

"Is that so young missy, I'm quite surprised that you don't have'm beasts flying around." He says haughtily. Hah so the stereotyping begins. Alright then, I'll see how much food I can get from this old man by a sob story,Hehehehe.

"Well good sir, I'm not good at taming powerful monsters rather I can only tame small frail creatures. That is why I'm here I'm looking for ways to make some money so I can help my ailing brother since dancing at pubs at home isn't enough to pay for medicine.. " I lie shamelessly while spinning of a very disheartening look towards the poor man.

"Oh is that so young missy.." He says in a concerned and pitying tone.He grabs one of the cobs he has in stock and hands it over to me, to which I responded to a very surprised look.

"But sir...won't you have less to sell?" I ask cutely.

"Nah, a favor from me and a sort of welcome to the new kingdom of Kul'Deran. People here are generally warm accepting and kind, they care less of what race you are. They care more on what you know and can do as an individual, so finding a good paying job here probably won't be that hard. Take this  so you can lessen your expenses young lady.." He says cheerfully.

"Thank you!" I say while bowing. I then bid farewell to the vendor and contiuned looking around the plaza.

"Still haven't changed little miss ruiner." A cold and voice calls my attention, I looked back to see a familiar face.

"Well if it ain't Mr.Gone with the wind, you seem to be early to be back, what happened? Did a blizzard knock you off course?"

"Still as irritating as usual.." Fwahll comments. Though I don't know if any of you guys know me and Fwahll have had several run-ins with one another. Needless to say it always ended in painstaking fights. Reason why? This guys is quite a pain, though he should be thankful that those two idiots went on ahead and saved his sorry as, but if it weren't for that I'd watch his sorry kingdom get trampled to the ground.

"Glad to see that you haven't changed, though I do feel quite a bit of nostalgia upon seeing your weary freckled filled face. It gives me relief of sorts, like sand stuck to a stone." I say mockingly.