Chapter 46: The Wind Returns

Sandalphonia PoV

It has been a little over a week since the whole trial and judgement thing and now I dragged Xentis to my place to make some amendments to the baked goods he ruined some time. Now initially he was going to refuse  but I sort of pulled several low punches to get him to agree, the reason? Well nothing in particular, rather I want him to explore more on what this world has to offer and a make up activity of sort since we had been busy for quite awhile.

Not only that but there have been recent talks about establishing the formation of the kingdom of the forest. There were meetings held in different areas and so which is a promising sign. I'm quite glad that the people of the forest are starting to think of a grand unity, however what I fear later on is a possible power struggle between the three races which is quite a pain, though I wish that these three races will not get cocky and hope that my powers did have an impact on the outlook of their life.

Anyway enough of that back to the main topic.

"You are being such a ninny you know!"

"Well I don't get why I have to help you with your tasteless hobbies." Xentis complains.

Jeez this guy really has a minimal sense of empathy huh.

"Well what you call tasteless I fine nostalgic. Besides you ruined my batter and cakes prior to the war thing."

Well this is the reason why I dragged you to my place. Shallow ain't it. As well as I needed some hands in baking some nostalgic pastries and bread.

"Eh! How so? I wouldn't often peg you as the type of person who would do such hassles." Xentis asks curiously.

Crap I nearly exposed unnecessary details. He eyes at me with suspicion.

"Well it makes me remember of the time that I often would sneak in the humans village and steal their baked goods."

"Ughh...how creepy..." Xentis insults.

I grabbed some ingredients and set them up properly. These included your typical baking ingredients like flour, sugar some yeast,a bit of rye, butter, milk and some salt as these are the best ingredients I can find as of now.

"I don't even get what is so fun about this, and despite the situation in the south being quite stable I think it is still unwise to leave all of a sudden."

" I guess but I'm sure that those guys will be fine for now, there are times that we need to take a load off you know,Mack I nearly even get to spend time with the Sylphians and the Ms. Kalea, heck even my mount there are times that I just want pet the crap out him."

"You're quite weirder now aren't you."

I then instruct Xentis on the procedures on how to make the batter. Mixing together the flour, rye ,some eggs and butter and then showed hi. How to knead the dough after it had been set aside for awhile.

"Urggh this goop smells weird and sticky, are you sure this will be delicious?"

"Of course trust me on this, besides you already seen me bake a bunch of times."

"Yeah but there are times that make me doubt you."

I then told him to mix in the remaining ingredients. Then took the batter in the stone oven that I made sometime ago with the help of Ostium and called the fire spirits to start a small fire of sorts to bake the cake.