Chapter 41: Repelling The Colonization pt.1

Months past and seasons changed. And before anyone noticed, the year had gone by. For the deities who live for such a long time this certain thing is trivial and pointless to them, but to the deities of the south this was a deadline of sorts.

The constant raining means one thing for the southern deities they themselves became weary, for they know that a storm is coming. And this was the colonization attempt of the north, particularly the attempts of Perroweiss a kingdom well versed in magic and is doing progressively well despite the nation being embroiled in constant wars and conflicts with the other northern kingdoms.

Among the deities there are four major figures who sought to stop the north in their attempts, their reasons are quite different but due to one deity's knowledge about this, they decided to gather and help repel the incoming northerners. Firstly there was Ostium the deity of the gates and otherworldly travel. Using his gates to keep an eye on other kingdoms , the strategist of the group. Sandalphonia deity of morality and forests. He watches over the forest of Kul'Deran and its denizens. A strange and weird deity to others who is capable of manipulating the mindsets of people, but to some extent. Xentisia the deity of lawfulness and the desert. He watches over the desert of the south and its inhabitants, the Cornicrysts. A very disciplined and well statured man. Finally there is Holia, a seemingly jolly but mysterious deity. She watches over the plains of the south. Though they say her domain is passion this does not seem to be the case.

As the new year comes, it brings along it conflicts. As Ostium, using his gates was able find out that after all these months the people of Perroweiss finally set out an expedition fleet.

He was staying in his place when he heard some sort of commotion coming from one of his portals and he came onto this. The event he had been anticipating had come. He and the other deities already made preparations for this sort of event, he was able to delay this from happening but could not stop it through means of violence as it may anger deities unbeknownst to him that may be watching. So he instead decided to play a fool, masquerading as a bored deity messing around with sailing mortals, to try and divert suspicion from the deities from himself. This behavior was quite common to deities and if any of them conclude this they give no qualms. Strangely enough this either seemed to as there were no deities that confronted him or the deities never gave any care to these situations.

Ostium peers through his one of his many portals."Damn this looks more like a small army than an expedition crew."

"Master...." His cat eared disciple looked at him with a worried face.

Despite Ostium living a double life as a human and god he often came back to gauge and scope the situation, despite the other obligations he has on earth. His reason for this is not really clear is it for the betterment of this world or something personal, no one can no for sure, though he says it is for the good of certain people, he himself doubts his words.

Ostium sighs. "Halie prepare the tools and weapons, we need to head out to the others, it has started and we need to ready ourselves for this event."

"Yes master." She says as she begins to run and get all the necessities.

"So it has started, I hope we all of us southerners can get out of this mess alive..." He mutters in worry.

He and his disciple rush towards the forest using his portals, which surprised Sandalphonia on the other side.

"Uwahhh! Dude stop popping out like that!"