Chapter 68: Deities Vs. Otherworlder

Sandalphonia PoV

"....fool..."

Huh? That voice.

"Stupid...face..."

I open my eyes immediately to find that the owner of my voice was poking my forehead relentlessly.

"Yo." Xentis says nonchalantly while continually poking my forehead.

"Please stop that."

"Nah, your forehead feels quite squishy and smooth, did you gain weight?"

Oi oi isn't that line used when one pokes your stomach?

I feel quite strange...wait a sec why the hell is he even here? I reflexively looked at my wounds by the arms but they vanished, I then look back at Xentis who was smiling proudly.

"Ha! Thank the great me for that cure, now time to kick that portal bastards ass."

"W-wait!"

"Huh?"

I explained to him the circumstances about why I was wounded but he kept having an irritated face on the more I continued.

"You really are weak aren't you." He taunts.

"To be fair I don't see the point in getting all pissed for my sake, I'm only this pissed at him." I say while gesturing an inch.

"Tch! Your one to let such things slide, you know that messing with a deities hands or feet is a taboo for us divines."

What? It is? Never heard of it?

"No and I care little of such small and pointless things, if it were intentional I would beat him up, but before I fainted I checked his mental state using my powers. There was malice but it was directed at that man not me, he also realized my presence a bit too late though." I say trying to convince him to lay off.

Now is not the time after all. Besides after we DO successfully get through this ordeal I will get back at him in my own way. Though it may be quite silly and trivial there is a much more bigger threat then deity pleasantries and traditions.

"Uhn.... but after this I'm still gonna beat him up though..."

"I really can't comprehend you, why don't you take a rest for awhile. We plan to engage that guy sooner. That gate bastard said that if left alone for too long he could recuperate and strike instantly."

He stands up and heads to where some urns were placed and digs around for some clothes."Eh? To be fair that sounds like a bad idea, besides aren't you guys rushing it too much? Do you even have a plan, if you don't you may end up like me. Especially if you guys are sing that Seal spell you know. Good luck if you have your magic burned from in you, though I'm fine thanks to what ever you did now that spell hurts."

"Worry not that guy told us of the precautions when using it, just cast it from a distance and ensure that no friendlies are in the way as apparently the spell effects varies."

"And did you get the spell right, it is a pain in the ass to get it to form."

"Well about that...I.."

"You didn't get it to work properly I'm guessing?"

Xentis nods silently confirming his shame.

"Geez....fine let me teach you."

Xentis looks at me with a surprised expression, he must have expected some other things, though not that I can blame him.

"You can cast the spell?"