Afterstory 2: Farewells of a Half Deity

It has been said in legends that throughout the years the deities have always been watching over the land of south Vargaya. The land they call their domain where people tell of their tales through legends. In every civilization more or less this has always been the norm. The land was said to be blessed by powerful divines who bless and show them the way to live. But they interfere only in dire situations.

There are many of these divines that are told in stories handed down by the people. But the most mysterious of them was of the Deity of Gates and Otherworldly Transport Ostium. There have been many questions raised by scholars of Vargaya regarding this mysterious entity, but non of them can find the answer to his origins. Even the royals of each nation who are said to have close and personal relationships with other deities don't know as the deities themselves speak not for the person himself which drove people to find answers regarding this mysterious divine who reveals himself to people randomly.

However only deities know of his current statue and with the said deity wanting to do things his own way the others could only do nothing but respect his wishes. For among all of the deities in the south he is the only one that has mortality. A mortality that will end soon for him.

Some few years after the defeat of an otherworldly adversary records of Ostium suddenly vanished without a trace and returned half a da case later. This caused many scholars to question what actually happened to him?

Ostium PoV

How many years has it been? Thirty years in the world of of earth, but in the world of Impartorious sixty years have past. I still remember the days where I adventured and wandered through the land of Impartorious. Me being the deity of Gates was quite the experience. As of now my mortal life is slowly coming to an end, I lay down in my futon in my family's house. As of now I'm being taken care of my grandchildren of my sister.

I never did get married after I summoned and traveled to Impartorious. Since I already have someone I have my eyes on.

"Ryouji-jii san!" A young voice calls out to me.

"Ah! Yuu-kun!" I say happily.

It seems like my grandchild visited me again. A young peppy and energetic boy at middle school. His shining youthful nature made me remember the days that I used to visit Impartorious, the memories. Now I can't even go since my age caught up to me.

It all started with me being summoned to another world as a supposed hero but when I was branded a failure I was saved by a strange otherworldly man named Zavier Requeste. He taught me how to survive and use my powers, preventing me from being a threat. Then after that I travelled to different worlds trying to control my powers by not opening portals by accident just by sneezing, yeah my control was that bad.

Eventually in one of the worlds I visited I met Halie, whom I rescued back then from a slave merchant. She was undoubtedly clingy and even a nervous wreck when I first helped her. But as of the last time I met her she has been cheerful. Eventually due to her insistence on me being her master I agreed and she became my disciple. The after that we travelled to many worlds with my teacher until he told me to settle in Impartorious due to some type of distortion that made my fate tie into that world as well, due to me half deity, the creator of the world of Impartorious tied my fate to his world. And I can't escape from the duties that tied me down as the newly crowned deity of Gates in Impartorious.

However it wasn't such a bad run since I met loyal and quirky individuals who I can call my friends. As I got older I also spent less time in Impartorious due to my increasing responsibilities and at the age of thirty I stopped going there all together, while telling my disciple to temporarily take over the helm until my mortal self perished, I continued to work in earth until my age caught up to me, and here I am.