Chapter 23 ~ The End For 1, The Rest Carry On

Sqaishey's POV
Every day we just wake up and either stay in our bases or go out and travel around to new bases, occasionally killing. This morning I woke up at 7:30 and the others did too. By 8 am, we were all ready and had eaten a small breakfast. Today we were going to our next base. It would take all day to get there. All of the groups are shrinking in size, we are the biggest with all members still alive, and others have joined. We are a big group of 23 and our leader, making 24 of us. The smallest group has only 9 people left. When a group gets to 7 people, they will get split up and put into other groups.
~Time Skip To Next Morning~
We headed up to the ground level again, as we only stayed in the base overnight. Another day long trek through Madagascar. We marched for about 5 hours, then we heard a yell. It was Joel. He had been shot. Lizzie instantly turned. She revealed her dark, fierce side. Her boyfriend had just been shot and she could have easily broke down and stayed with him for his last minutes, but no. She came back and killed the enemy. Luckily there were only 3 people there, so as a team we shot all of them. As we were shooting the 2 friends of Joel's attacker, Lizzie was knelt next to Joel. Our group leader and doctor, Will, told Lizzie she had 5 minutes maximum left with Joel.
"Joel..."
"Lizzie. Do one thing for me," Joel said to Lizzie, "Stay strong. Fight like you mean it, you have potential to do well."
"I will try Joel. Just for you. You mean the world to me, and I don't want to live without you. I will take care of Buddy and Meri. I will do everything to remember you like you used to be. I will try my very hardest to survive," Lizzie said, breaking down into tears.
"Lizzie?"
"Y...yes?" She replied in between sobs.
"Keep my channel going. Make sure I am remembered. The password... Is..."
"Carry on Joel. I don't want you to leave me," Lizzie begged.
"The password... is... lizziedwyerismylife," he told her.
"Joel."
"Lizzie."
"I love you," Lizzie told Joel.
"Stay... Strong... Elizabeth Dwyer... You are LDShadowLady... You can do anything if you try..." Joel gasped. Any second he would die.
"I will Joel... I will."
"You only happen once... Enjoy your happening," Joel quoted.
"I love you," they both said, and put their hands together to make a heart. And this was the last thing Joel did. His hand fell to the ground, limp and still. He was dead. I finished the recording on Lizzie's phone, which she had asked me to do, and we all knelt down in silence for a minute, in respect of Joel. Our first loss. We had to stay strong. Joel would have wanted us to...

 Joel would have wanted us to