Prisoner

(Chris's P.O.V.)

That was all in all strange. I haven't known him that long and he got all aggressive and jealous. All because I asked about 'the others'.

I stood out in the dining area feeling out of place and lost. What was this place anyways? Does anyone else know I'm human?

I just wanted to find a home and this was anything but. I would say the church is my only home but with what happened while I was there it wasn't even close.

I knew now that everything wasn't as it seemed when I made the pact with him and I was going to be his prisoner til the day I died.

I whimpered and sank to the floor, I'm doomed. I hugged my knees to my chest and hid my face in them.

"What's the matter?" Someone asked as I felt their presence kneal down in front of me.

I looked up to see Ricky in front of me. "Nothing." I mumbled, hiding my face again.

"No, I know something's wrong." He persisted.

"I'm Kuza's prisoner, aren't I?" I whispered as tears started to fall from my eyes.

"I mean, he did mark you.... But he still needs to follow the rules of whatever pact you made with him." He explained as he moved to sit beside me.

"Why does he want to have my soul?" I asked before resting my head on his shoulder.

Ricky chuckled, "He told you he wanted your soul?" He asked.

I nodded. "Between you and me, he's not going to take your soul. He marked you because you're special and different from all the others." He stated.

"People keep telling me that," I whispered. "But I don't believe them."

"Well, you're special to him." Ricky said.

"He hates me." I scoffed.

"No he doesn't," he began. "He's jealous and it sometimes comes off as hate."

"Why is he jealous?" I asked.

"You're marked as his. If anyone gets close to you, like I am he'll freak out." He explained.

"That's a bit overprotective." I mumbled.

"I know, but his biggest sin is envy. He doesn't like anyone even looking at what's his." He said as he rubbed my back.

"So, wouldn't he be mad at you?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but I don't care. He needs to understand that if he makes you upset, you're going to look for someone else to comfort you in the meantime." He said.

"Mmm." I mumbled before I fell asleep.

My eyes fluttered open, I realized that I was in Kuza's arms laying ontop of him. He was still asleep but under his eyelashes I could see the glow of his red eyes. I reached up to run my fingers through his hair before resting my head on his chest.

I heard him grunt before he opened his eyes. He looked down at me and sighed before kissing the top of my head. I didn't want to repeat what Ricky told me because I didn't want to make him pissed again so I sat in silence.

I felt him start to rub my back which made me start to fall asleep again. I sighed as I felt my stomach growl, all I wanted to do was sleep.

"Are you hungry?" Kuza mumbled, sitting up slightly.

I nodded, "A little." I whispered.

"Get up, let's get you something to eat." He commanded.

I reluctantly got up off of him. He sighed, getting up a little while after I did.

He took my hand in his and guided me back to the kitchen. "Sit down, I'll make you something." He directed.

I sat down at the table, resting my head on one of my hands as I watched him.

I couldn't see what he was doing but something started to smell really good. "What are you making?" I asked.

"Marcaroni and cheese, I know it's probably not the best thing, but it's the only thing that I know how to make that isn't gross." He said as he placed a bowl in front of me.

He sat across from me as I ate except he wasn't eating. "Aren't you going to eat too?" I asked.

"I'm not hungry, I don't need to eat that much." He said, continuing to watch me.

"When's the last time you've eaten?" I asked in between bites.

"Maybe about a hundred years ago, I'm not exactly certain." He said nonchalantly.

My eyes widened, "What, how old are you?!"

"Five hundred years old." He answered, not phased by my shock.

"What was it like?" I asked as I finished eating.

"It was nothing fascinating, if that's what you think. A lot of sickness and disease and that was about it." He said.

"Have you lived in this house for that long?" I asked.

He nodded, "It's older than me, but as you can tell there's been some modern advances of technology."

I sat my bowl in the sink. "Where is this place anyways?"

"We're out of the country, in England."                He answered.

Huh, if we were in England why did he come to America? It was definitely too far away to be of any concern to him. Unless the church for some reason was a hot spot for demons.

"I'm sorry for being an ass earlier, I was jealous of Ghost." He said.

I chuckled. "So I've heard."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Ricky told me that you can get a bit jealous at tunes." I answered.

"That little shit." He mumbled before  laughing. At least he didn't seem to be mad which was good.

"You aren't pissed?" I asked.

"No, I don't have any reason to be right now. And he's right, I do get jealous but I know I shouldn't." He said.

"Don't worry about it, you'll learn." I said as I yawned.

"Wanna go back to sleep?" He asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled tiredly.

"Then let's go." He said before lifting me into his arms.