The Beast

(Kuza's P.O.V.)

It had been an hour since I had left Chris alone. I had time to calm down, so I decided it was time that he could be let out.

I walked to the room and opened the door. Chris was asleep. I didn't know how he could sleep in a position like that, but he's probably been in a lot of situations like that for maybe days at a time.

I sighed when I realized that the knife was still imbeded in the headboard. I had to learn to control my temper... I pulled the knife out before unchaining him. He was still sleeping, I bent down to kiss his forehead before leaving him again.

"Did you let him go?" I jumped as Ricky appeared out of nowhere.

"Yes," I answered as I gently closed the door to the room Chris was in.

"Just be nice to him, he didn't ask to be an angel." He whispered before passing me by.

I sighed, I get it. It's a bit selfish of me to think that he was this way for me and only me.

I didn't understand how he could be two other species though. That was okay since there is a problem with purebreds. There were a lot of mutations and health problems that came with them. I myself am a purebred, though I haven't had any problems I expect that they'll occur later in my lifetime. But a good thing about being a purebred is that I was high status. With that it meant I was kind of like the alpha of this house.

I mean, I wouldn't like to say I rule with an iron fist. I do listen to Ghost and Ricky when they have something to say and stuff like that. Though since Chris arrived I haven't been listening to them like I should. Trying to find a mate does a lot of crazy things to people. It blinds them and shuts out everybody around them. I lingered in the hallway before going to my second favorite room, the library.

I carelessly pulled a book from the shelf before laying back on the couch. I huffed, looking at the cover "Beauty and The Beast" I chuckled dryly, tossing it aside. What good did literature teach anyone?

I glanced over at the door as I heard it creak open. "G-Ghost said you'd be in here." A voice stuttered. I looked over to see Chris's slightly trembling shadow standing in the doorway.

"Come here." I mumbled, motioning for him to come closer.

He shuffled towards me like a kid about to admit to something bad that they did. As he approached my side I pulled him down on me so he was sitting on my stomach.

"What's this?" He asked, picking up the book I tossed aside.

"Bullshit." I grumbled as I wrapped an arm around him.

"C-Can you read it to me?" He asked timidly.

I snorted, "Can't you read it yourself?"

"They never taught me how to read." He whispered.

I rolled my eyes, he had to be lying. "What about the bible?" I asked.

"Everyone else got to read it or hear it be read, but they kept me from it for some reason." He answered.

They were probably afraid he would become self aware and realize he's different from the humans. "Fine," I said. "I'll read it to you."

I sat up slightly so I could read and so he could lay on top of me. I was few chapters in when I realized he was staring up at me. I raised an eyebrow before setting the book aside.

"I lied when I said you were the ugliest beast that ever lived. You're beautiful." He whispered.

"Chris," my voice trailed off before I felt his soft lips on mine.

I reacted instantly, gripping a fistful of his hair as I attempted to snake my tongue inside his mouth. He let me in and moaned as our tongues brushed together and fought for dominance.

I could tell he was getting out of breath so I pulled away. "I'm sorry," I whispered. "I shouldn't have taken advantage of you like that."

"What do you mean? I kissed you first." He stated.

"I know, I just don't want to hurt you... again." I mumbled, forcing the last word out.

"I'm used to it, Kuza." He said.

"You shouldn't be." I remarked as I pushed some of his hair out of his eyes.

He sighed and did his best to try and rest his head on my chest. He wasn't used to his horns yet.

"I can try to love you," he started. "I want to love you, all I want you to do is to try and trust me."

"Okay," I whispered. "Only if you help me control myself. I just can't control my emotions."

"Alright." He said before he kissed my forehead.

"Still hate me?" I asked with a fake pout.

He shook his head. "No." He answered softly.

"Mmm, that's what I thought." I said as I lightly gripped his horns.

"These are interesting," I added. "They look different from mine and Rick's."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked.

"I don't know, I guess angels can have horns too." I stated before I pressed our heads together.

He attempted to kiss me again, but I dodged his lips. "Do you really think that's a good idea, Christopher?" I asked.

He pouted, casting his eyes away from me. I sighed, "Come here." I said before crashing our lips together again.

I grunted as I felt him pin me down. I decided let him take control this time and it was the best feeling ever. He was gentle and sweet with a hint of control.

He was starting to get out of breath again, he was gasping into my mouth and refusing to pull away.

I gripped his shoulders before biting his bottom lip. He yelped and pushed me back, pulling himself away and panting wildly.

"Go easy on yourself, Chris. I don't wanna hurt you again." I said as he slumped again my chest, his eyes barely open. The poor thing was still so tired. I wrapped an arm around him and let him sleep.