Bloody Angel

(Kuza's P.O.V.)

I opened my eyes to Chris screaming and writhing on the floor. Ghost was kneeling next to him with a look of concern plastered on his face.

I sat up and growled, "What did you do?!"

"Nothing! He was screaming for thirty minutes, I thought he got in trouble so I didn't want to interfere but it didn't stop. I can't believe you slept halfway through it!" Ghost spat.

"Why didn't you wake me up?!" I yelled as I jumped out of bed.

"It hurts!" Chris cried.

"Where?" I asked, crouching down by his side.

"Everywhere." He whimpered.

"Where does it hurt the most?" Ghost asked.

"M-My h-head and back!" He screamed.

"Flip him over." Ghost commanded.

I carefully rolled him over onto his stomach as he continued to scream and cry. Ghost then lifted his upper half up off the ground and pulled his shirt off of him.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" I hissed.

"I need to check his back," Ghost yelled in defense. "I'm not going to fuck him!"

I groaned, standing impatiently beside him as Ghost felt around his back, "Jesus, how did he get so many scars?" He asked.

"He was whipped." I mumbled.

Chris screamed as Ghost accidently touched the wrong spot. He quickly retracted his hand before looking up at me. "It feels like something's growing underneath his skin." He said, sounding surprised.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I don't know, I don't want to get your hopes up, but I think he's sprouting wings." He said before turning Chris over on his back.

I grinned, I was right. He wasn't like the others.

"I need to check your head, sweetie." Ghost said pushing his hair aside.

I growled as he revealed sharp points protruding from the sides of Chris's head. "I've never seen anything like this before." He whispered.

"He isn't the one." I mumbled, turning away from them.

"What do you mean?" Ghost asked, sounding agitated.

"He's a demon, or some human half breed." I said before sighing.

"Just let's see what his wings look like, if they even are wings. Besides I can't let you toss anymore beings aside, he's in pain and he needs our help." He said, moving to sit next to me to watch Chris in his pitiful state.

"Who cares." I whispered.

"Kuza, like I've said, you've already tossed away so many beings that you've marked," he began. "You went as so far to make a pact with this one, you can't just throw him out like he's trash. May I remind you that's also illegal."

"I don't care. I want him to be an angel." I whispered.

"You can't always get what you want, besides angels are a dying breed. Is that why you thought he was so special?" He asked.

I nodded, "An angel or an angel-human hybrid is all I want. Not some stupid creature like me."

He sighed. "I hate to say it, but that's a bit selfish."

I was about to open my mouth to speak, but Chris caught me off guard with a blood curdling scream. He rolled over on his stomach and now I could see what Ghost was talking about.

It looked like two bones were about to break out of his skin. "You need to help him through this. He trusts you the most, I see it in his eyes when he looks at you." He stated before leaving Chris and me alone.

"Y-You w-want to get rid of me?" He whimpered.

"Chris, We'll talk later, right now you just need to relax." I said soothingly as possible.

"If you don't want me, then why did you help me? Just fucking kill me already!" He screamed.

"No, no, no. Shh..." I whispered as I carefully lifted him into my lap.

"I'm dying, just kill me. Please!" He begged.

"You aren't dying, honey. I won't let you die." I said as I rocked him back and forth in my arms.

He started crying harder as I felt the beginnings of his newly formed wings poke out of his back. I couldn't tell what color they were because they were covered in blood.

Suddenly, after another one of his cries I heard skin rip and a cracking noise. I looked down to see that more skin had split open. I didn't even have to touch him and his blood soaked wings unfurled in front of my face.

"Devin!" I shouted.

I heard footsteps quickly moving down the hall. "What is it?" He asked. His eyes widened as he saw Chris's wings. "I'll be right back." He added before he ran back out.

Chris looked up at me whimpering as I watched horns push their way out and they looked like mine. I sighed and tried my best to hide my disappointment.

Ghost had come back with a wet washrag. "Let's see what color his wings are before you go back to brooding." He mumbled as he sat beside us.

To my surprise his wings were white. "That's impossible." I whispered.

"Unlikely, but not impossible." Ghost said as he cleaned away more crimson.

Chris was slumped forward and clearly exhausted. "How the fuck is he a three way hybrid?" I asked.

"Three dominant genes I guess. Traits of a demon, angel, and human." Ghost mused.

"Do you think he knew?" I whispered.

Ghost shook his head, "No, but I know we get our candidates from churches... So the church probably knew. But why leave him out in the open like that?"

"They abused him, I think they were too fed up with his shit to realize their mistake." I said.

"That's possible." He said as he finally finished cleaning away the blood.

"What's... happening?" Chris asked tiredly.

"Shh... it's over my angel." I whispered.

"I'm so tired, Kuza." He mumbled.

"Sleep, it's all done with." I said.

It didn't take long for him to shut his eyes after I spoke. I lifted him onto the bed and covered him with a blanket.

My sweet, sweet angel...