Defiance

(Chris's P.O.V.)

I laid with Vinny, trying to close my eyes but there was a thought that was in the back of my mind that wouldn't leave me. I was scared; what is with this 'apocalypse' and what could it do to us? It seemed Vinny could tell I was restless because he turned to face me with an expression of concern, "How come you're not sleeping?" He asked.

"Did they tell you?" I mumbled.

"Who told me what?" He asked, looking confused.

"The men, did they tell you what we're supposed to do?" I inquired.

He shook his head in response and I sighed.

"Good," I whispered. I wish he knew, but if I told him it about the possible end of the world he would be scared too and I couldn't have that.

"What are we supposed to do?" He inquired.

"Vinny," I groaned. "Just... Just never mind alright, I'm tired."

"Fine." He mumbled, turning away from me. Great now he's pissed, I should have never even hinted at the idea. 

I closed my eyes and attempted to fall asleep again.

(Ghost's P.O.V.)

Kuza and I were in the middle of bickering which wasn't unusal, but I might have fucked up big time. 

"Did you even think before even trying to remove that energy from Vinny?!" Kuza growled.

"I was only doing it for your benefit," I seethed. "It would be easier to look after him that way!"

"Who says he needed to be looked after?" He asked, his eyes narrowing as he slammed his book shut.

"He's like Chris. He has no idea the extent of the power he posseses!" I retorted.

He inhaled sharply, "He isn't a child, he'll be fine on his own." He said sternly.

"What are you suggesting, that we throw him out like you did to your other so called 'mates'?" I asked.

A sharp clap shot through the air and I clutched my cheek at the sudden pain. He raised his hand to slap me again. "Don't fucking touch me again, bastard." I hissed.

"Don't you dare talk about me like that!" He grumbled lowly.

"Fuck it," I growled. "You're on your own, but know this: without Ricky and me to help you, you will fall!"

"Go then, I don't need your damn help!" He spat.

"Good. Fuck you!" I yelled before slamming the door behind me. I sighed going to mine and Ricky's room and collapsing on our bed.

"What's the matter Ghost?" Ricky asked, walking out of the bathroom.

"Kuza and I got into a fight." I murmured.

"Oh baby, why? What happened?" He whispered.

"I think I might have messed up when I operated on Vinny. I realized that even though it hurts Kuza it could have been a key component in preventing this 'doomsday' because I thought seems like it was artificially implanted. Then he yelled at me asking me what I was thinking and he hit me." I explained flatly.

"He hit you? I'm gonna fucking kill him!" Ricky growled, about to run out and hunt down Kuza.

I stopped him and grabbed his arm. "Why bother, he won't listen, much less tolerate verbal or physical assult. I told him he was on his own from now on and that he agreed that he didn't need our help anymore."

"Fine, I don't care that he doesn't want our help anymore. I just don't want him to hurt you." He said before crawling into bed next to me.

"I'm fine, Rick. I really am. I deserved it I brought up his past and insulted him." I stated.

"Still, that's not an excuse." He retorted.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Just don't worry about it." I mumbled before nuzzling him and inhaling his scent.

He rolled over to face me. "Ghost, you didn't fuck up, you're both wrong." He whispered.

"Just drop it, Ricky." I groaned.

"No," he said. "Just listen. By doing what you did to Vinny, there won't be an apocalypse because without it Vinny doesn't have the potential to initiate it."

"And how do you know that?" I asked.

"Because, if Vinny's left powerless there doesn't have to be a fight. That "New Order" can have what they want.

I thought about what he was saying. He had a point but at the same time he had no idea what he was talking about. "Ricky, have you ever thought that either way the New Order could hurt our species? We could be enslaved or driven to extinction." I said grimly.

At this point I shouldn't even care because Ricky's probably right and we're too late to do anything.

"Yes I have, in fact I know it is very likely that it will happen. But there's nothing we can do now. Besides if we did have to fight we would be even more likely to become extinct." He explained.

"So then what do we do?" I asked as I  wrapped my arms around him.

"We're not safe on earth we have to go back to Hell, we need to migrate." He stated, staring up at the ceiling with a blank expression.

"What about Kuza?" I inquired.

"We're going to have to talk to him." He said while sighing.

"He's not going to listen, you know." I stated.

"I'll make him listen." He grumbled, sitting up.

"Baby, I don't want another fight." I whispered.

"I know, I know. But we have to get out of here as fast as possible. The quicker the better." He said.

"I get it, but don't talk to him right now, he needs time to cool off." I said.

He groaned and flopped back down on the bed, "Alright, I won't do it now but I want to talk about this mess with him later tonight."

"Okay, I'll be back in a second," I said as I climbed out of the bed. "I want to check on Chris and Vinny."

"'Kay." He mumbled.

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating for awhile. Writers block and school am I right?