Chapter 25 Ready To Save A Friend?

"We're getting close," Lyle says interrupting the silence in the car. "Just a few quick turns to go."

We were in the middle of fricking nowhere. Green dew sprinkled grass stretched forever in the fading light, it would be dark soon. The single-lane road seemed like it would stretch forever.

"Turn here," Lyle said to the driver beside me as he pointed to the right. We went on until he pointed to turn again and the driver did as instructed. We turned one more time before we saw it, the church. I breathed out calming myself. "Be ready," I said aloud.

We finally drove onto the gravel in front of the church and came to a halting stop. I signaled for everyone to get out and we met right in front of the wooden steps.

All of the girls were in gear, I went back to the van and put some on myself as well as getting a few knives and a gun before I returned to the steps with them.

"Everyone ready?"

"Ready to save a friend, and kick some ass?" Sierra said confidently.

"Hell yeah!" She said to herself as she pulled out her purple handed katana.

The rest of the girls nodded.

"Okay," I said with jitters. "Let's go."

I walked up to the door and with a hard sidekick, I busted the old wooden doors open with a giant bang.