Hogwarts and the Sorting

Lily Evans:
Once the train stopped, we get out and changed into our robes. The boats are waiting for us and we climbed in. After several minutes, we finally arrived at Hogwarts with it's towers and statued knights around it. I felt excited for arriving at my new school and can't wait for my first year! We get inside, and there's an old woman waiting for us in the stairs. She wore a long dress with a matching witch's hat. She's holding a scroll and she smiled warmly at us. "Welcome to all first years in here, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy!"
We clapped and stopped.
"Now, I'm Professor Minerva Mcgonnal. Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy. Today, you'll be sorted into the four houses of Hogwarts: Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw. Now then, let's get started immediately." The doors opened and inside, floating from above were candles and up there in the ceiling where beautiful and dazzling stars. Their are many tables filled with students and all of hem stopped talking and then looked at us. I felt very nervous right now. I felt somebody stared at me behind my back from the other table but I don't know who it was. The professor pulled out the stool and an old hat from the corner. She opened the scroll and read it: "When I call your name, you'll come forth and you'll be sorted into your houses by placing the Sorting Hat in your head. Now, let's get started!"
The old hat sang its song and called one bye one.
"Prewett, Alice!"
"Gryffindor!"
The girl with the black hair stood up and joyfully go to the happy students in the Gryffindor table and sat down.
"Howena, Lucy!"
"Hufflepuff!"
The girl stood up and go to her table.
"Majorda, Mary!"
"Ravenclaw!"
The girl with the blond hair stood up and walked towards her table.
Ugh! This ceremony is going on forever! I can't wait for my turn!