Chapter 2 ~The Way I dress

A/N For my book I'm not sure about other's the vampires use 'beloved' instead of mate when referring to their...well mate. Don't be a silent reader comment your thoughts.

Randy Shelly as Quincy Reed (up top or on side)

Chapter 2 ~The Way I dress

The greatest risk any of us will take, is to be seen as we are ~Cinderella

*******************

Quincy's POV

"Are you sure it's your beloved and not food" Lincoln groaned. 

I glanced at my older cousin and his beloved "Yes, I caught his scent when we passed Game Stop" I persisted. 

"But are you sure it was them and not food" Lincoln also persisted. 

"Yes, the nose knows" I exclaimed. 

"Can we stop really quick my arms hurt from holding so much shopping bags" Travis complained. 

I looked at my cousins beloved and furrowed my eyebrows "I offered to help carry them. Really it's fine they are my shopping bags" I said.

"No it's your 18th birthday you shouldn't be worried about anything except finding you beloved. And you shouldn't be wasting your energy on carrying bags" Travis shook off my offer. 

Before I could answer the smell of orange, vanilla, and chocolate filled my nose. I quickly moved around them and locked eyes with the most handsome man in the world. I beamed happily he started to walk in my direction but he suddenly stopped as his eyes roamed down my body. I got impatient and ran up to him "Hi I'm Quincy Reed" I introduced myself.

He scowled at me "I, Evan Grey reject you-" he suddenly stopped and his eyes turned foggy. I knew he was talking with his wolf and whatever his wolf was saying made him shut up.

I felt hot tears run down my face as I stood there hurt, confused, and betrayed. Confused because I don't know why he wanted to reject me. Hurt because he was going to reject me -if it wasn't for his wolf-. And betrayed because he didn't even try to get to know me first he's my beloved he's supposed to love me unconditionally. 

"W-Why" I asked I looked up at Lincoln and Travis for answers as to why he would reject me. 

"Let's go Quincy" Lincoln said I took one last long look at my 'beloved' before walking away not turning back once. 

*************

"Please don't tell mom and dad I want to do that on my own" I told them when we got to the car.

The nodded but didn't say anything in return which I was grateful for I needed time to think. Why did he want to reject me? Is it because he's not gay? Or because the way I dress? If it's because the way I dress I can change. No I will change I'll change for him I'll do what ever it takes for him to accept me. 

We got home faster than I thought I quickly looked in the mirror to make sure my eyes weren't red and they weren't, thank goodness. I ran into the house excitedly "Mommy I home" I screamed. 

My mom came out of the kitchen laughing "Good I was starting to worry you've been at the mall all day" she smiled. I glanced at the clock and noticed it was 4:30 in the afternoon we left this morning at 9. 

"I'm sorry I didn't call" I apologized. 

"No worries" she waved me off "So did you find your beloved" she asked.

"No" I lied through my teeth and I hated lying "But I did buy really cute clothes" I giggled.

She nodded "Well go get ready and dress nice we are going out for dinner and it starts at 6 so be ready before then" she wagged her finger at me. 

I made my way to the stairs "Wait where are we going" I stopped and looked at her.

"To the Grey Shadow Pack your father has some business to discuss" she said "Now go" she shooed me off. 

***************

After my shower I walled to the back of my closet and I mean the way back. I looked through the little section of 'boy' clothes I have hopefully they fit these clothes are from 8th grade. I grabbed a nice light grey button up shirt -it only seemed appropriate we were going to the Grey Shadow Pack- and some black skinny jeans. I slipped on some white vans and checked myself out in the mirror I frowned at my reflection. This isn't me I hope this night ends quickly because these clothes are suffocating. 

I walked downstairs and my parents did a double take "Something wrong" I asked.

My mother gave me a fake smile "No nothing's wrong" she said but her eyes told a different story. 

My father gave me a troubling look "Why are you dressed like that" he asked.

"Like what" I asked pretending I didn't know what he was talking about. 

"Why are you dressed like a...boy" he asked slowly "Where's your pinks, and yellows. Where's the freaking rainbow that always follows you" he demanded "Are you feeling okay" he came up to touch my forehead. 

"I'm fine" I grumbled "Can we go now" I asked.

He scoffed "Everybody knows when someone says 'I'm fine' their not so what's wrong" he asked.

"Nothing, let's go or we're going to be late" I pushed past him and my mother and walked to the car. 

I'm not excited about dinner.

***************

We ate in uncomfortable silence or at least I did the adults were having their own conversation while my beloved talked with the beta's daughter. To say I felt excluded was an understatement "Evan, why don't you and Maggie take Quincy to the arcade room" Alpha Axel asked.  

Evan gave his father a look before standing up along with Maggie "Let's go, Quincy" he said grudgingly. 

I stood up and lowered my head as I followed them I didn't realize we came to a stop until I crashed into 'Maggie'. She glared down at me and I stepped away from her "Sorry" I mumbled. 

She nodded and went into the room while Evan held the door open he went in after her and let the door close on my face. I whimpered when I walked into the door before I opened it and followed them inside. We sat in awkward silence until Evan broke it "You're wearing something different" he pointed out.

"Yeah, my mom said to dress nice" I mumbled. 

"So you only dress girly when you're not home. What's wrong your parents don't know" he asked rather rudely. 

I frowned "No I just decided to dress differently today that's all" I shrugged.

"Why" he persisted.

"No reason" I waved him off. 

"I'm calling a bullshi-" before he could finish Maggie cut him off. 

"I'm going to play so music" she glanced at me "Feel free to uh...play any game you want" she said. 

I nodded but I didn't take up the offer I stayed standing that is until she turned on Pandora "I love this song" I exclaimed as Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey came on. 

"Really me too" she gasped. She gave me the cold shoulder and straightened her composure.

I started to lightly sway my hips to the music. Okay so tonight might not be so bad. 

*********************

A/N Since I'm on summer break I'll be updating a lot. Well BYEE!!!